Home

Question about online franchise scheduling.

This is a discussion on Question about online franchise scheduling. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Question about online franchise scheduling.

Quick question to any one who was a 100% answer. In the league I am in, we use league daddy for stats etc.

We occasionally have people go on vaca, so that they have to play a week or two early or late. Someone told me that in order to advance a week, every game has to be simulated that is not played. Is this true? Would our commish be able to unlock weeks so games can be played, even if a certain week is not finished, without simulating any human controlled teams? (we are a 32 human controlled team league)

Thanks for any clarification on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 18
Re: Question about online franchise scheduling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
Quick question to any one who was a 100% answer. In the league I am in, we use league daddy for stats etc.

We occasionally have people go on vaca, so that they have to play a week or two early or late. Someone told me that in order to advance a week, every game has to be simulated that is not played. Is this true? Would our commish be able to unlock weeks so games can be played, even if a certain week is not finished, without simulating any human controlled teams? (we are a 32 human controlled team league)

Thanks for any clarification on this.

For those of you familiar with NCAA Online Dynasty, it works exactly like that.

You play each week in order. It is set up in a Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, etc, etc until you get to the Wild Card Playoffs after Week 17.

If it is week 4 and I am playing with Arizona in my online franchise, well then I am on BYE that week, just like in the real world.

With features like multi-week injuries and the week 6 trade deadline, it would make little sense at all (IMO) to add a feature that allowed you to play games out of order...especially when we still have some significant features like salary cap and contracts not yet in for online franchise.

If you can't play your game and are on vacation like stated above, you can set yourself to away, and the commish knows it is OK to sim your game.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
For those of you familiar with NCAA Online Dynasty, it works exactly like that.

You play each week in order. It is set up in a Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, etc, etc until you get to the Wild Card Playoffs after Week 17.

If it is week 4 and I am playing with Arizona in my online franchise, well then I am on BYE that week, just like in the real world.

With features like multi-week injuries and the week 6 trade deadline, it would make little sense at all (IMO) to add a feature that allowed you to play games out of order...especially when we still have some significant features like salary cap and contracts not yet in for online franchise.

If you can't play your game and are on vacation like stated above, you can set yourself to away, and the commish knows it is OK to sim your game.
It would be cool if, in the future, all games did not need to be played to advance a week. So if Carolina and the Packers were scheduled to play in week 4 and had already played their week 3 games they could. As long as they weren't playing their games out of order.

Then some teams could try line up a couple of games in one day to try catch up a little or have their games simmed by the commish.

Maybe with the week 6 deadline everyone has to play all the schedule to then before anyone can advance past the trade deadline, as with the regular season to the playoffs.

Just some thoughts, maybe could be for madden 11. I know there'd be a little controversy with signing free agents etc. when you lose players with injury when one team has played 3 games and another only one. But I guess thats just motivation for teams to keep up in the schedule.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:13 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Coming from a seasoned 32 team league vet, I think the best way to address this, is to allow the weeks to progress without simming, but teams are unable to play games OUT OF ORDER. This would mean if say, NYJ are set to play CLE in week 4, and NYJ owner is on vaca, then both NYJ and CLE cannot play any further games. And of course, there would be a trickle down effect to other teams the longer that someone would be inactive. In 99% of cases, 5-10 days is the most someone is missing. This means, that the most a league would need to move ahead of someone is only 1 week. Plenty of time for NYJ owner to get back and play his 2 past due games, IN ORDER.

I wonder how easy or hard this would be to implement into franchise?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

i do not like you guys ideas for letting people go further ahead... it makes no sence whatsoevr... how could you even go to the next week... id dont think yall are familliar ncaa 09 OD... when you adavance to the next week everthing changes... there are new write ups and there also such things as stats... its not like right when you play your game evvery1 can see your stats... you have to advance and then every1s stats are compiled up and you can look at it... the whole system is based on a week to week system... if they did what you guys are saying they would have to change the entire system up...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers44
i do not like you guys ideas for letting people go further ahead... it makes no sence whatsoevr... how could you even go to the next week... id dont think yall are familliar ncaa 09 OD... when you adavance to the next week everthing changes... there are new write ups and there also such things as stats... its not like right when you play your game evvery1 can see your stats... you have to advance and then every1s stats are compiled up and you can look at it... the whole system is based on a week to week system... if they did what you guys are saying they would have to change the entire system up...
+1

The system is not setup like online leagues in Madden09, where I could play 15 games before you even played your first game.

Franchise mode is meant to be experienced in sequential week order...I don't even think that can be argued against to be honest. So many things like the trade deadline, multi week injuries, and end of the season playoff qualifying drama are completely lost if you had some sort of online league system. If I have a 2-3 record in the season, and you are already 12-3 (basically playing me as your final game of the year), that seems so out of whack and un-franchise mode to me.

If you want something where you can play out of order, that is online tournaments or online leagues to me.

Or maybe just plan on joining multiple online franchises so you can satisfy that fix!

[I know I will be in 5 online franchises for sure.]

Last edited by Donny_Moore; 07-02-2009 at 01:42 AM. Reason: sp
Old 07-02-2009, 01:56 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
+1

The system is not setup like online leagues in Madden09, where I could play 15 games before you even played your first game.

Franchise mode is meant to be experienced in sequential week order...I don't even think that can be argued against to be honest. So many things like the trade deadline, multi week injuries, and end of the season playoff qualifying drama are completely lost if you had some sort of online league system. If I have a 2-3 record in the season, and you are already 12-3 (basically playing me as your final game of the year), that seems so out of whack and un-franchise mode to me.

If you want something where you can play out of order, that is online tournaments or online leagues to me.

Or maybe just plan on joining multiple online franchises so you can satisfy that fix!

[I know I will be in 5 online franchises for sure.]
I think this kind of thinking stems from 2K games. In 2K games they have flex scheduling as an option where you can play anybody on your schedule at any given time. I like this to some extent but where I don't like it is when others get so far ahead that the lower players lose interest because they think everyone is waiting on them. The stats are way out of wack also using a Flex schedule. However... I am always for total customization so it wouldn't hurt to add this feature as an option.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »