Home

Will Madden ever adopt FNR4's "Game Face" tech?

This is a discussion on Will Madden ever adopt FNR4's "Game Face" tech? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #25
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Will Madden ever adopt FNR4's "Game Face" tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Ah what game are you playing, of course the players faces are important. You see enough of the time and even if you didn't they should be accurate.
::sigh::

I wasn't arguing that player faces SHOULDN'T be accurate, despite what you're trying to convey.

Compared to Facebreaker, Fight Night, and Tiger Woods where you see your created player's face the entire time, the on-screen time of any players face in Madden is nothing. That's why this feature isn't important for the Madden franchise. If it's easy (relatively speaking) to implement, I'm sure they'll do it; but it's not necessary, in my opinion.

Last edited by SmashMan; 07-03-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #26
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

I personally like to see them take this technology and just apply it before the game is released, get two profile pictures of all the players and then make them accurate.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 17

FACE TECH IS THE BEST FEATURE IN FNR4 for me PERSONALLY. Reason why is I am the Great Nephew of a German Professional Boxing Legend Hans Stretz. Hans had a famous Christmas Fight in Germany against the "Greatest of All-Time" Sugar Ray Robinson. When I get Fight Night I will use the face tech to create my Great Uncle, THANKS A LOT EA. Hopefully this feature makes it into Madden in the future.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
FACE TECH IS THE BEST FEATURE IN FNR4 for me PERSONALLY. Reason why is I am the Great Nephew of a German Professional Boxing Legend Hans Stretz. Hans had a famous Christmas Fight in Germany against the "Greatest of All-Time" Sugar Ray Robinson. When I get Fight Night I will use the face tech to create my Great Uncle, THANKS A LOT EA. Hopefully this feature makes it into Madden in the future.

Problem is FNR4 is one of the worst boxing games I ever played. Round 3 was better... Also I actually owned two copies of FNR4 and sold them both.

ps. The face technology is not perfect & you are very limited on hair options and many other things.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #29
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040
Problem is FNR4 is one of the worst boxing games I ever played. Round 3 was better... Also I actually owned two copies of FNR4 and sold them both.

ps. The face technology is not perfect & you are very limited on hair options and many other things.

This is why I say implement it into madden pre release that way they can get all the faces correct along with hair.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 50

That would be a cool idea but it won't happen until Full disk encryption is developed and patented. That probably won't happen for another two to three years.

Full disk encryption (or whole disk encryption) is a kind of disk encryption software or hardware which encrypts every bit of data that goes on a disk or disk volume. The term "full disk encryption" is often used to signify that everything on a disk is encrypted, including the programs that can encrypt bootable operating system partitions. But they must still leave the master boot record (MBR), and thus part of the disk, unencrypted. There are, however, hardware based full disk encryption systems that can truly encrypt the entire boot disk.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 07-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #31
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

I think this feature would be a lot more useful in games like NHL, NBA Live, and FIFA. I will be suprised if EA doesn't include this feature for one of the '10 games.

Last edited by Gossennator; 07-03-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #32
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

First off, the tech isn't even that great. I made my own boxer in FNR4 and did everything by the book, completely text book and it looked nothing like me.

Tony Hawk Underground 1 for the PS2 did this WAY back in the day and IMO, looked better. So unless EA can get the tech to work like it should, I could care less.

But, that's just my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »