Home

More Physics Issues Madden 10 vid vs NFL 2K5

This is a discussion on More Physics Issues Madden 10 vid vs NFL 2K5 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 8
Unhappy Re: More Physics Issues Madden 10 vid vs NFL 2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
they didnt fix something... They fixed a lot. Gang tackling? Went above expectations. Realistic speeds? Check. Add sliders? Check. Improved momentum? Check (if you dont see the difference youre blind). Improved wr db interactions/jostling? Check. Tipped passes? Check. Procedural awareness? Check. Realistic throwing (no more arcs that reach above the atmosphere)? More realistic inaccurate passing (not every pass caught tipped or intercepted)? Check. Player lock? Check. An actual pocket? Check. Signature throwing styles for every single starting qb? Check. Improved presentation? Highlight show? Check. Check. Proper depth of field effects? Check. Improved stadium/crowd noise? Check. Franchise progression fixed? Check. Online franchise? Check. Coop? Check. Adaptive AI? Check. Addressed qb sneak issue? Check. Addressed fb dive issue? Check. Added wildcat? Check. Customizable jerseys? Check. ... Id say theres a lot to be happy about.

All of that yet when watching actual gameplay footage the only way you can tell it's '10 is because of the refs on the field...

What it is is that its the SAME GAME, that has been tweaked and tuned, and a new feature added. NOTHING MORE. Its BEEN the same game year in and year out, just tweaked and tuned, features added or taken away.

Only so many coats of paint you can slap onto that 76 Pinto.

Time for a NEW NFL Experience, and if Tiburon can't deliver it EA should find a developer who can.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: More Physics Issues Madden 10 vid vs NFL 2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
It's still the core team, Head Coach gig was just a division at tiburon trying to milk suckers for more money on a coach mode of madden. It didn't make money so they strapped it. Coming to a forum and dealing with cutomers isn't new? 2k basketball has been doing it for years as well as the show developers.

Criticize well you were the one who brought up Ian said next year, so August 14th is a moot point for the thread topic since nothing is going to change on the physics animation point right, you said so yourself per Ian.

I know Pro tak, isn't all about tackling, I follow the blogs and forum post to you know. I'm just not impressed with it. The whole pro tak thing in my mind should not have even been mentioned for the simple fact, for what they are touting is simple football mechanics that should have been their 5 years ago.
It's still two new people working on Madden this year vs no new people, correct? I could care less if they came from NBA Live or NHL.

Did I say it was new coming into a forum and interacting with it's members? The two companies that you mentioned,2k hoops barely came in this year, they were quiet as church moues. Both companies are not EA companies, so, probably something new with EA and this Madden forum, wouldn't you agree?

It's quite obvious by the calendar and Ian saying it's crunch time that the game is about to go gold. I wouldn't expect any major changes to animations at this point, if anything, minor tweaking. Only less than 6 weeks before street date.

As far as Pro-Tak goes, I'll wait till after the 14 before I make any judgments. Maybe to you it's something that should have been in 5 yrs ago, but we can't change that and I don't think the casual market will care either way.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
they didnt fix something... They fixed a lot. Gang tackling? Went above expectations. Realistic speeds? Check. Add sliders? Check. Improved momentum? Check (if you dont see the difference youre blind). Improved wr db interactions/jostling? Check. Tipped passes? Check. Procedural awareness? Check. Realistic throwing (no more arcs that reach above the atmosphere)? More realistic inaccurate passing (not every pass caught tipped or intercepted)? Check. Player lock? Check. An actual pocket? Check. Signature throwing styles for every single starting qb? Check. Improved presentation? Highlight show? Check. Check. Proper depth of field effects? Check. Improved stadium/crowd noise? Check. Franchise progression fixed? Check. Online franchise? Check. Coop? Check. Adaptive AI? Check. Addressed qb sneak issue? Check. Addressed fb dive issue? Check. Added wildcat? Check. Customizable jerseys? Check. ... Id say theres a lot to be happy about.
Whats the point of this post? who's challenging fixes? We are talking about animation and physics per apex video
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Those members were added to fix franchise logic type issues not gameplay issues.

Why wait until Aug 14th? Why celebrate and give them a free pass when gameplay still shows signs of being only marginally better than the broken 09? Especially since no nexgen has been any good.

Pro-tak isn't all about gang takling although the gang tackling looks sketchy at times. It's also supposed to help jostling (non-existant in vids).
Who said anything about celebrating and giving them a free pass. Let's wait to celebrate or criticize them after the 14th. How about that for a novel idea?

Wait, you have 10 in your hands now? Please PM and let me know what store gave it to you. I'm dying to find out if 10 is marginally better than 09.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #37
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

What really sucks is that the CD guys came back saying that the physics were awesome, and it looked great. But it turned out that these physics that looked awesome also broke the game, I beleive it mainly broke pursuit, but I'm not sure. So the videos came out and it didn't represent what we heard about. Seems like another case of us getting our expectations way way up based on what we hear, not what we see. Franchise mode is the same thing, we got our hopes up when the HC guys came over, and started to "change" things I'm guessing they didn't even know how "fubarred" (Tango and Cash anyone) that thing really was.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
All of that yet when watching actual gameplay footage the only way you can tell it's '10 is because of the refs on the field...

What it is is that its the SAME GAME, that has been tweaked and tuned, and a new feature added. NOTHING MORE. Its BEEN the same game year in and year out, just tweaked and tuned, features added or taken away.

Only so many coats of paint you can slap onto that 76 Pinto.

Time for a NEW NFL Experience, and if Tiburon can't deliver it EA should find a developer who can.
How about playing actual gameplay footage vs watching it?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker

So I'm supposed to be satisfied with they fix something?
You were challenging fixes.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You were challenging fixes.
Read the post again, I'm not challenging fixes. I said am I supposed to be "satisfied" a about some fixes. You see the big chasm in your argument now?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »