Home

better then Apexisfree video

This is a discussion on better then Apexisfree video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 12:46 AM   #41
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: better then Apexisfree video

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Well, hopefully getting back on point...Ill bring this stuff up in a video too.

First off, I just don't see how gameplay like that is justifiable. Like I said, I have beta tested games and some things you see in Madden really do look beta. I have a very hard time thinking that aren't fixed because they cant be. I think its safe to assume they play the game a lot before it gets sold and know the issues are present, why not do something about them.

Another thing that troubles me about this whole "pro tack" is I have never seen the need for more than say 3 tackler's. Real players don't have "pro tack", so why does the game need it? Now before you tell me real players don't have a hit stick either, they do have an ability to make a judgment call to make a big hit or go for a tackle. I can justify a hit stick for that reason alone.

The excuse has been that the game plays different outside of "easy" and all the videos we have seen are on "easy". Regardless of difficulty, if your making a sim...it needs to sim from "easy" to "difficult". Difficulty settings should be adjusting things like how fast the opposing teams players react to your input. It shouldn't mean you can turn into a beast and start breaking through 5 tackler's for a free ride to the end zone. It should mean that your opponent reacts slower, thus making the game easier. Likewise (and unlike Madden 09) the game tends to "cheat" you at advanced difficulty rather than simply being more difficult.

The players don't have Pro-Tak because Pro-Tak is a technology term. It means procedural tackling. Real players can do more than 3-man gang tackles which Pro-Tak allows (up to 9), the fumble pile-ups, steerable tackles, procedural awareness, the ability to push the pile, etc. Most of that was never present in any other football game. Ian said that their goal for All-Madden was to make the game more of a challenge rather than having the AI cheat. Rookie and Pro modes will allow players to break out of tackles more easily and give more time in the pocket for the QB, in order to allow causal gamers to adapt to the game to play on harder difficulties.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 21

I didn't mean that as literal as you took it Matt, lol.

Can we agree that if a game played correctly, if every players physics was accounted for in every situation. If every players attributes were painstaking replicated. You wouldn't need any additional "technology" , in theory it would work flawless.

With that said, no game is or will ever be perfect. I can understand some morphing when replicating a psychical sport. I can understand glitches and random imperfections.

Getting back to 09-10 and having a general understanding that some issues have rolled over just through watching videos. If the game play itself is broken (at any point) how can adding more processes make it better? Im sure alot of work and technology went into Pro Tack, to me its really coming across as a gimmick or a band aid.

In posts, in videos, I have tried to show that something in the simulation aspect of Madden is broken. Its more than just me trying to prove that and I know Ian has seen these issues first hand. I assume that the lead of a project would bring up current game issues with others and bring a stance of fixing those problems before anything else. Even if nothing was changed and a playable 2010 game was put out to market, that game could win over old fans and generate interest with new.

Sadly, I just haven't seen that. In the 2010 videos, I sure have seen things that leave me shaking my head.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:48 AM   #43
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
I didn't mean that as literal as you took it Matt, lol.

Can we agree that if a game played correctly, if every players physics was accounted for in every situation. If every players attributes were painstaking replicated. You wouldn't need any additional "technology" , in theory it would work flawless.

With that said, no game is or will ever be perfect. I can understand some morphing when replicating a psychical sport. I can understand glitches and random imperfections.

Getting back to 09-10 and having a general understanding that some issues have rolled over just through watching videos. If the game play itself is broken (at any point) how can adding more processes make it better? Im sure alot of work and technology went into Pro Tack, to me its really coming across as a gimmick or a band aid.

In posts, in videos, I have tried to show that something in the simulation aspect of Madden is broken. Its more than just me trying to prove that and I know Ian has seen these issues first hand. I assume that the lead of a project would bring up current game issues with others and bring a stance of fixing those problems before anything else. Even if nothing was changed and a playable 2010 game was put out to market, that game could win over old fans and generate interest with new.

Sadly, I just haven't seen that. In the 2010 videos, I sure have seen things that leave me shaking my head.
There will always be new technology to improve the game. Pro-Tak isn't a gimmick or band aid because it actually allows things to occur that wasn't in other games as well as do what it is meant to do. I'm sure Pro-Tak will be one of the 'back of the box' features, but no one can argue that it will improve the game play greatly - one of them being the formation of realistic pockets. I know that you are expecting 2k-style game play, but Madden does things differently. 2k games decided to take a hit in the graphics department in order to have better game play while Madden had to try to cater to both. The majority of Madden fans don't really care about better game play or physics, they care about the graphics (I know it's ashame). Morphing and clipping on the other hand is common in almost every video game. I hate when the ball goes through a defender or when a player's arm goes through his stomach. The morphing of the refs is another story. We're lucky that they finally decided to add refs this year (I know that it is unacceptable). Most of your videos about Madden 09 were definitely on par and I'd be really disappointed if they weren't addressed. Hopefully the demo will ease some concern.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:06 AM   #44
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I love apex. But Apex takes to long to explain things before he shows us on the game. While this guys talks and shows us what he is talking about at the sametime. But both are go people about explaining things in video. Lord knows I would never have the guts to go on video explaining crap and putting it on youtube. Both guys have their good points and bad points.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:25 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

I love this guy all of his values are valid without people like him we would still be playing madden 06. I thought this was america people freedom of speech and expression!
Old 07-05-2009, 03:44 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

This guy is so spot on its ridiculous. First im a long madden gamer all the way back to madden on genesis. But since madden has went to next gen. Its been a total disappointment. I hear things on how madden just has this engine and literally cant be changed. But then again i hear how the different versions of the game is built from the ground up. BS. Each year I get more and more disappointed in madden.

This year will be my first year of not buying madden after playing 09 for about 3 weeks before going to call of duty. Simple stuff like the home crowd still cheering when the opposing team scores drives me crazy. How the home crowd stays the entire game when there team is getting blown the f%^& out. Who stays the whole game when your home team is getting blown out. and why is everyone so happy and jumping up and down wit cameras flashing on a screen play for one yard. And why does each player has to celebrate like they just won the super bowl on just basic plays.

Ea really need to just watch film of how football is played on the field. Not just in the film room but hell go down to a game and be on the sidelines to see how players react in giving situations. Hell they cant even get a believeable running animation. Tom hammonds sounds like hes giving a eulogy instead of calling a game where spectacular plays happen and his voice doesnt mimics the action that taking place on the field. Have you guys ever listen to the texas texans annoucer. WOW this guy puts you right on the field as he describes the gameplay and gets as emotional as the game is being played. But yet we have a fisher price robot calling our games. I can go on and on but whats the use. EA needs to change its motto from "If its in the game its in the game". To "Maybe next year". Well im tired of next year.. I guess maybe we will have to wait til next gen
Old 07-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
WHat's with all the hate on Gideon? So what if he does it differently, you still understand - that's a ******** things to say that you don't know understand him. He speaks clearly and makes a valid point EVERYTIME.

The reason there is a pause here and there is because he knows that those devs at EA would critique it in the same exact way.

It's the little things that Gideon notices is what separates him from the rest. You guys feel you can do a better job, then by all means - but show some respect till then.
+1
Luckily Apexisfree did start making videos and inspired others like ryanmoody21 to make their own videos to overall help improve the development of M10. He is clear when he speaks and makes valid points and is f'n hilarious "you know" lmao.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 50

That was the past, all that we can hope for now is improvements. I've followed the developement of madden 10 this time and now I feel comfortable putting an investment for M10.

Last year, I made the fatal mistake of only watching the madden 09 trailers which is why I bought it. The game reveiwers obviously didn't have any knowledge of football and all rated madden an average of 8.5- 9.5 which was most likely because of the graphics. I thought the game was going to be great because "if the game is rated that high it must mean it's good"
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »