Home

Are you a "SIM" Madden Gamer?

This is a discussion on Are you a "SIM" Madden Gamer? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Are you a "SIM" Madden Gamer?

I'm true to the Sim!
Old 07-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #10
Rookie

Mr. Fascinating's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
I'm sim, but it is hard. There are many things, strategically open to us, the user, that the CPU just can't do. I don't think the computer can switch play direction. I'm fairly sure the CPU will never lock their best corner on my best receiver. Or switch their OLB's to create mismatches against certain formations. I try very hard not to do anything with my team that the CPU can't do, because that gives me an unfair advantage. So it really can't be strategiccally "sim" if both sides don't have access to the same array of options.
That's something I think I'd really like to see. The CPU adapting to your plays and adjusting to all the change you make, and trying to shut down the players hat are killing them.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 13

I like to simulate games on Madden. Does that mean im a "sim" gamer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #12
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

I am a sim player, I follow the basic football coaches scense, the only time I gamble is when I am playing with a team that does not have great weapons, then I may go for it more but only when I am inside an opponents 35 yrd line.
I study my teams roster looking for the playmakers, if the defense is walking 8 men into the box I will audible to a quick pass. if I have a good lead I run the ball with a banger to run the clock down. I try to establish a balance game plan even against human opponent. I hate playing against people who go for it on 3rd and long from their own 20, just like in real football field position is important in madden.

PS. (not madden related) I hope that all that have lost their jobs during this tough time will find one soon. Keep your head up ladies and gentlemen.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #13
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

everyone's got a different opinion about what sim is, but generally speaking it's when you make decisions that are like what really happens in the league...clock management, punting on 4th, not going for home run passes when up 21 in the 4th etc. but the biggest thing for me, at least when playing people online, is that they don't cheese, use unfair "tricks" or generally play like a moron...same play over and over, always pass etc. i don't care if someone doesn't have the definition of "sim" but don't be an annoying idiot...that's all i care about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »