Home

Old 07-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8
Qb Accuracy

Simple question, do you guys think that if major issues were addressed better like momentum and warping that the QB's accuracy was fine on 09? I was thinking about this today and kinda got worried a little bit about how inaccurate the players will be in M10. This also may have to do with the fact I use a Qb who is rated low in accuracy in JaMarcus Russell, but I think in 08 was fine where it was at. Other underlying issues were the root of some of 09's issues. You gotta remember we are talking about NFL Qbs and I'll even point at the Sports Science video of Drew Brees someone posted on here awhile back. These are professional atheletes and ALL of them are are pretty accurate throwing a football. Yes not every Qb is deadly accurate but when they miss it's not missed by yards off. I've said this before and Ill repeat it, Ea should takes it's new slogan "fight for every yard" and further that to realize that the pro football game is a game of inches and a game of details and they should try to replicate that in every aspect of the game they are trying to recreate. In regards to Accuracy and moreso the passing game I'd like to see balls just out of reach of Wrs, tip off of their fingertips, diving catches, and balls thrown behind a Wr he has to break his stride to catch it, along with many animations to accomidate all of these things. A qb that can consistantly hit Wrs in stride should be a weapon, but inaccurate qbs shouldn't be unplayable. Sorry for the semi-rant, and I hope most of this has been fixed already for 10, but I wonder if others agree Qb accuracy isn't the main problem if 09, it has muchore to do with other problem that have to addressed like lack of a pass rush, unrealistic accleration and warp catching and the lack of a realistic momentum system.

Sorry if there are a lot errors I did this on my phone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Qb Accuracy

I think the QBs in 09 were too accurate. Brees was awesome on the TV show, but....throwing at your leisure to a stationary target, is waaaaaay different than trying to get one over the LB but in front of the FS to a moving WR while avoiding a pass rush.

But I do agree that there should be more natural incompletions. The things you mentioed are good ideas. If you have a guy running deep down the sideline, your pass should sail out of bounds from time to time. It happens. Sometimes the ball comes out wrong, and the throw goes to the WR's feet. These guys are super accurate, but not perfect. MLB pitchers walk people and throw wild pitches all the time. There should be more random, human error, incompletions in Madden.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

IMO Ea has done quite a bit this year to address the robo qb issue, they have added rating based on short, medium, long passes. I am wondering if I am playing with a small arm quarter back will I be able to complete the 20 yard post pattern, or will those pass sail above the wide receiver. do I now have to gameplan based on my quarterbacks strengths and limitation. JaMarcus Russell has a huge arm but you cannot just keep passing long if the defense is playing cover or prevent.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

Off your phone?!?! No wonder there was no paragraphs

On topic, I agree. Many back-up QBs will miss by only a few feet if that at times. I watch preseason games and notice how small of a difference a starting QB accuracy really is compared to the back-ups.

Lets take the Browns from the 07 season. Anderson has a cannon arm and he slings the ball around his WRs. He was normally off the mark by 2-3 feet. The reason why he was so productive was because he had Edwards(6'3") and Winslow(6'4") who knew how to catch a ball that was away from their bodies. Just watch any of the 07 season and you will see what I mean. Although, I have yet to play M10 so I can not say they have the passing accuracy done right or not but I like the thought process by the OP.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:47 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I am asuming you ain't watch many of these videos of gameplay by Ian over the past few months. Simple it has been fixed this year. IF you try to run out of the pocket with a pocket passer his accurcy is going to be worser on the run. If you stay in the pocket with your pocket passing QB then his accuracy is going to be good. Ratings this year for a QB accuracy will play a rule this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 03:57 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

Now they need to make the passing game timing based.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 50

Yes many of the NFL quarterbacks are accurate but the ratings for madden 10 have to do with completing the ball and being effective throwing the ball. JaMarcus may not be that innacurate but he dosen't complete the ball or move the ball down the field. Even if Qbs are missing the target by one foot, they're still missing the target. JaMarcus may be close to the target but besides the pressure, he sometimes puts too much on the ball.

Of course Qbs aren't always accurate with pressure in their face but I've seen many times Peyton Manning know he's going to get hit but still throw a nice ball. This is what makes Qbs great and until JaMarcus learns how to be effective with the ball, his accuracy ratings are gonna portray his innacuracy.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »