Home

this is the most funny yet true video ever!!!!!

This is a discussion on this is the most funny yet true video ever!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: this is the most funny yet true video ever!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Check my other videos. I have two up...I question calling it a pass defense but I give it good once over.

As far as the rambling, ehh, I apologize for it. I try to keep them 4-7 minutes. My 2 "rules", first off (after the first video) I wont post my own vid's, just not me. Second, unless I drop an F, I dont reshoot them. Its all off the cuff stuff, so I expect to reiterate too much. That said, some of the stuff I see in Madden just makes you verbally scratch your head, its like where do you even start sometimes.

I would love to see a Dev's reaction. I know I personally take pride in my job. If somebody was to call me out on it that bad, I would want some say or atleast try to defend myself.

For those who say my goal is to embarrass EA, your wrong. I may be brutal, but I dont make the game do what it does. After paying over $200 for Madden's the past 3 years, I think I have earned the right not hold punches. As far as trying to "win a trip to a CD", thats not me either. If some random guy has to go show them whats wrong with the game for them to make it right, you have more problems than me going to a CD.
very funny vid ryan. i respect you and apex for what you trying to do and i been and im sure you have too have just been waiting for EA and madden to become a NFL FOOTBALL game.

right now madden is TRASHDEN and has held that title for 4 years now cause madden 06 came out Nov 05. i also agree that the madden faithful are quick to bash people like us with there words but no madden faithful can provide a video reply about the product they love so much.

live and 2k basketball have there faithful and they show the positives to counter the negatives. GUESS NO MADDEN FAITHFUL has youtube accounts(lol...YEAH RIGHT)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I pose this question to you: Do you think that you will see the exact same problems in Madden 10 that occurred in Madden 09 considering all of the improvements?
from the vid i still see run blocking issue. i dont know about passing but IMO madden 10 improvements lies within the colored cleats
Old 07-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #27
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Favorite quote from one of his vids. "You want to make Madden 2010 the best Madden ever.... take the replay out!"

Wow, I LMAO this was so funny. I thought of Casper the friendly ghost.
I believe each of us who played madden over the years of seen these types of ghost plays. I too hope that the developers will look at this and make the changes if they have not already. It is too late to make the changes for this year. the current game is now in mass production getting ready to ship.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
Wow, I LMAO this was so funny. I thought of Casper the friendly ghost.
I believe each of us who played madden over the years of seen these types of ghost plays. I too hope that the developers will look at this and make the changes if they have not already. It is too late to make the changes for this year. the current game is now in mass production getting ready to ship.
i dont mind the ghost plays cause it is a video game but when physics and commen sense is being disrespected thats where madden drew the BIG line for next gen
Old 07-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
I pose this question to you: Do you think that you will see the exact same problems in Madden 10 that occurred in Madden 09 considering all of the improvements?
I can tell you unequivocally, yes. I assumed this would be corrected in Madden 06-07, then Madden 07-08, then Madden 08-09. If this was a simple fix, I feel a patch could have done it.

The videos EA puts out are borderline propaganda (they have total creative control of them) and yet those still show the same game flaws.

EA has lost my trust (but not yours), as a consumer. Only a fixed product will renew my faith.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 07-06-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Great videos Moody. I would love to see a response from one of the devs...who knows, maybe all of that is fixed. Doubting it but we'll see.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #31
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
I can tell you unequivocally, yes. I assumed this would be corrected in Madden 06-07, then Madden 07-08, then Madden 08-09. If this was a simple fix, I feel a patch could have done it.

The videos EA puts out are borderline propaganda (they have total creative control of them) and yet those still show the same game flaws.

EA has lost my trust (but not yours), as a consumer. Only a fixed product will renew my faith.
I really haven't seen MOST of the problems through the videos from E3 and EA. I definitely can understand why you feel that those problems will still be present and I think we can both hope that you're wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
I really haven't seen MOST of the problems through the videos from E3 and EA. I definitely can understand why you feel that those problems will still be present and I think we can both hope that you're wrong.
Many of us have already seen the Madden 10 Rocket Catch video. You would think that with RC being one of the most prevalent, talked about glitches/exploits in past Madden's, that it would have been a top priority to remove or fix.

"Maybe next year." That is EA's mantra, and I am sick of it. Being a lifetime EA Sports fan from the last 3 generations of titles, seeing how "next-gen" has turned out really frustrates me. I guess it is just a coincidence that Madden's quality went down the toilet exactly when EA captured the NFL exclusive rights, eliminating competition? I understand that is what EA had to do because the NFL auctioned it off, but it wasn't done to better the football videogame genre.

It's all about the money and not about the quality of their product anymore. Moody, Apex - keep doing what you guys are doing. We all respect you for it. I know I am tired of receiving a broken product every year. Look back at Madden 09 when it was first released. A patch was made to fix a LONG laundry list of problems with the game. It begs the question - How does a game with as much money backing it and exclusive licenses get released in such a state?

One last thing. This generation is going to be known as "Patch-Gen". It seems that with the ability to release patches to fix games now, titles are being released intentionally broken/unfinished with intentions, or lack-there-of, to patch them later. What happened to the days when games were coded and combed through thoroughly to ensure that it was a finished quality product before it shipped? God of War was released as a quality product. Games of today are "finished" and then released to the public with 3 patches to fix what they failed to test thoroughly. Ship it and fix it later. That's how everything works now.

Sorry for that rant at the end. I am just tired of spending $60 on unfinished products. If companies are going to continue to release games in such a state, they should be released at $30 or $40, not $60.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »