Home

this is the most funny yet true video ever!!!!!

This is a discussion on this is the most funny yet true video ever!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #49
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: this is the most funny yet true video ever!!!!!

subscribed!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
these are probably the most useful threads in this forum.

or do you prefer:

"colored cleats"

"what do you think we'll be able to edit"

"zomg they have hand towels!"

etc.
Hmmmm ... My bad, didn't mean it like that, I want new info, not someone complaining about something new or old, that has been said or complained about a million times, I feel there should just be an jersey/ uniform update change thread too for those subjects also, Maybe I just don't want to have to look through 10 threads just for a new video or info ..
Old 07-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #51
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

The problem is that they have no way of marketing "bug fixes". Just look at last year they were pimping "85 new features" and "gameplay that adapts to you" and "beyond broadcast". It took most of us 10 minutes to figure out that they slapped some new commentary together, added a screenshot of the stadiums prior to a game starting and fixed some bugs and the rest is propaganda. Last year they had "branching technology" that was taking madden finally into the "next generation".
This year its "pro-tak" that is seemingly on its own taking care of tackling, blocking, and everything else that was ever wrong with madden.LOL.
Now, in september when it seems like it takes 5 guys to perform a tackle, or the dude will break tackles until pro tak kicks on, it will be "well, pro tak is new, the message boards want the world,etc" Im not saying there is evidence of that but you know what i mean.

Everything always seems like it was added last minute with this game, whereas "other games" seem to refine certain aspects of the game and choose to get better over time. Every year with madden we have to listen to all the stupid crap, pro tak and branching this and adaptive this and that. Its a freakin mess. They dont even know what direction they are going, but they know what to say and what not to say in press releases and on message boards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 12:20 AM   #52
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

IMO, Madden's gameplay engine is just broken. It's old and it needs to be redone. The difference to me is the players in the 2K games just have more of a human element, while the players in Madden are more robotic. 2K's players seem to actually think and react while Madden's seem to just follow the orders they're programmed to do. Of course all this is stuff Ryan covered in his awareness videos.

Ryan mentioned this also, but why doesn't EA make a new Madden engine? (I think Ryan mentioned that it might drive away the fans that are comfortable with Madden the way it is now.) To me, it's all a money thing. It will cost money to build a new engine. With Madden already having astronomical sales number each year, why spend any more? I see it this way. 99% of people who want to play video game football are already buying Madden every year. There's probably only 1 to 2% of the group that doesn't buy Madden because they think the gameplay is garbage.

So EA can run off and spend big bucks on a brand new, reworked, and much better engine, but what will they gain from it? The profit growth probably will not match what they spent on the development. Like any other business, their decisions are always going to be money driven. It's much more cost effective to add in smaller features, fix a few bugs, and promote a new and improved game each year.

Last edited by Other Guy; 07-07-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:29 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 50

Ryan was completely on point and really easy to listen to. Lets hope that there is down-field blocking this time and not blockers that get out in the open with you and then turn right around to block some player that obviously can't catch you. Meanwhile, the safety that could have been blocked by that free blocker to spring the play for a touchdown, tackles you.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 07-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #54
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
I saw the difference in the play of the defense and the offensive blocking, you ran the play correctly on the other game because if you had bounced it to the outside the linebacker could peel away from the block and possibly made the play. Also the free safety reaction to the play is stuff of a good football player. he peak in the backfield and when he saw the play was going away from him he took the correct angle of pursuit and was able to assist in stopping the play. was this 2k8?
Yes It was APF2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I pose this question to you: Do you think that you will see the exact same problems in Madden 10 that occurred in Madden 09 considering all of the improvements?
Quote:
I really haven't seen MOST of the problems through the videos from E3 and EA. I definitely can understand why you feel that those problems will still be present and I think we can both hope that you're wrong.
Quote:
I would love to see video evidence on Madden 10 having that. I think you're alone on that one. I haven't seen the Rocket Catch yet.
OMG why am I not surprised of your reaction.

Matt you better pray that Madden 10 has very little flaws , because if it doesn't man your going to be eaten alive in here.

You keep advising people to wait and see. You should follow your own advise.

All these videos on Madden are things that exist, and till Madden can prove otherwise it best to wait before defending them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
IMO,

Madden's gameplay engine is just broken

. It's old and it needs to be redone. The difference to me is the players in the 2K games just have more of a human element, while the players in Madden are more robotic. 2K's players seem to actually think and react while Madden's seem to just follow the orders they're programmed to do. Of course all this is stuff Ryan covered in his awareness videos.
What I have in BOLD writing I have been saying the minute I played Madden 06. Right now no one , not even Matt can argue this (He will). Madden 10 will be the final version of Madden than can change this perception.

RyanMoody21 great videos, but if Madden 10 does a much better job you should also make a video giving it props. It's only fair, and if it doesn't eat them ALIVE!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:48 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfguy23
"maybe they should give them pizza and ice cream"

that there was funny, I don't care who ya are.....
LOL that was my favorite part .... i play football to and i am 14 playing with 13 and 15 year olds .... lol ... we get a bag of chips and a gatorade ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 12:56 AM   #56
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Ryan mentioned this also, but why doesn't EA make a new Madden engine? (I think Ryan mentioned that it might drive away the fans that are comfortable with Madden the way it is now.) To me, it's all a money thing. It will cost money to build a new engine. With Madden already having astronomical sales number each year, why spend any more? I see it this way. 99% of people who want to play video game football are already buying Madden every year. There's probably only 1 to 2% of the group that doesn't buy Madden because they think the gameplay is garbage.
I feel they should buy a new engine,but before releasing Madden with it go back to the last gen engine. Give us sharper graphics (1080p), add way more animations. Bring back all the features. Protak to me isn't a big deal. Then find a new engine work on it for a couple of years, and once everything code wise works well together then release Madden with a whole new look.

Ian mentioned that they should have went this route when the 360 and PS3 first released. Hey if Madden 10 gets ripped apart Ian I say go for it, bring last gen on the 360 and PS3, and when everything is solid with a new engine then roll with it. If Madden 10 rocks then all of us that claim you have a bad engine or engines will have to eat or words, and apologize.

I really hope I have to apologize, because in reality I really win, so make me apologize .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »