Home

Can't we all just get along?

This is a discussion on Can't we all just get along? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #57
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Can't we all just get along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
But that's not what this is all about, is it? It's never been about that. It's been about a legitimate concern with the euphoria engine.

Not a single BB video out there shows anything but missile style tackles, with no extra yardage, falling forward, or wrap up tackles. Verbalizing a concern about this, respectfully, unlike most of you on this forum, is not snide or arrogant, no matter who you are, because it's a clear limitation of the system as it exists right now.
I couldn't care less about BB myself. I posted what I did because i want the best NFL game no matter who makes it. I really hope that Ian makes a video or series of video's for us OS users that show line play in the base 3-4 and the 4-3 against the run and the pass. I want to see that the blocking logic and animations are working and working consistently. I already have the game paid for. I want it. However, poor AI and line interaction will be the game killer for me. The battle in the trenches is what football and the chess match are all about. As a NY Giants fan I am sure Ian can appreciate that and the Giants win over NE in the Superbowl.

I don't expect players to make the perfect play, but when they fail or "lose" their battle it is because they actually LOST the battle or made a mistake. No game is perfect but when Ian said core game play was the focus of this years Madden, I assumed that line play would be the corner stone of game play. I have see great improvements thus far:

This one I like the most, however I would prefer a video much like the Bills ravens one that runs runs so we can watch it and break it down

I may sound like the orphan Oliver asking "please sir may I have some more?" However, These are the only two solid Line related videos I can find that relate to in game play. These last four are also prior to the new "fix" with the weapons curve problems. I would love to see how it looks now and have more plays to look at.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
It's not possible, no.
Why not? I think most of us just want to know why certain things that were done "better" in the past gen engine cannot be duplicated in its new and improved engine?

*Actual time may vary.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #59
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Until I see someone get hit and stand up or get blocked to the ground and get up and make the takle I don't care about it. It make work for fps or some other things.

Basiclly I'm all over Madden. BB may be a gamefly whenever it comes out. Ian and team great job so far. I hope all the hard work you and team did will pay off in the long run.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 07-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3

I assume when making pro tak with real people. They were former Players from College or NFL?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
Hey Ian...

Dont listen to these haters who have agendas with you and EA..

Ask them this..

How many copies did APF sell and how many are BackBreaker going to sell..

If your game was so bad like these youtube video makers and haters claim and Apf is sooo much better and back breaker is suppose to kill madden..

ask them to show you sale figures...

Ohh that is right...APF did not comeback because nobody bought that game...

Ian....I wont say Madden is perfect because is not and I feel it should be improved but the game is fun and part of the fabric of video gamers for a long time now

sales are always great for madden and I hope that it improves year to year and keeps on rocking...
Just because Madden sells doesn't mean it's better than other games. Madden sells because they are the only ones who can make NFL games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknam4
Ian if you'd like to see wrap tackles just look at tackle alley at 33 seconds in and at 40 seconds is.

The reason that there are so many dive tackles is becasue the defensive players in tackle alley are all set to Aggressive Mode. Backbreaker developers have said this long ago. =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV7CXDs2vmk

Can anyone tell me how to embed youtube videos?
I have to question the direction BB is going if they market the game by setting everyone to aggressive to show off 'flying bodies'. I'm not saying BB won't be good, but I'm in the same place as a lot of folks; I think it's gonna be too blitz-like and they are marketing it that way.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 12

Hi Ian,

Instead of entertaining this pointless debate over courtesy and mannerism, could you give us any idea on when we can see Broadcast Camera Angle/View in Madden 10?

This he-said, she-said stuff is like Middle-School quality. I just want to know the deal on the Broadcast Camera for Madden 10.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #64
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASSACRE771
Is it just me or am I the only one who looks at backbreaker as a blitz or The Bigs styled arcadish game? Not flaming, just wondering

Nope not the only one. I hope BB gets it going and ends up being a great game. I simply need to see more than a bunch or quick clips of blitz tackles.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-07-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »