Home

Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Draft Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
What's "custom" about them is that they're hand made by the developers rather than randomly generated.
I think it's cool they did this, but is there a real benefit to it?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayohehn
I think it's cool they did this, but is there a real benefit to it?
Yep. Draft classes will now be realistic and exciting.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Yep. Draft classes will now be realistic and exciting.
Ok, but how so? Not trying to be difficult , but what does realistic mean? Basically what will be different from the past classes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
There seems to be this unfortunate rumor going around the draft classes can be customized, probably brought on by the phrase "Custom" draft classes. A better way to say it is to say "hand made" draft classes.

Draft classes can not be customized. You can edit number, equipment, appearance, etc. after drafting them, but otherwise, it's no different than previous draft classes. What's "custom" about them is that they're hand made by the developers rather than randomly generated.
and they have faces right? what do you think of them by the way?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #13
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyax
I thought that you could edit ratings mid-franchise. Doesn't that mean that we would be able to edit our rookies ratings after the draft?
I dont remember ever being able to edit ratings mid-franchise...???
Old 07-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayohehn
Ok, but how so? Not trying to be difficult , but what does realistic mean? Basically what will be different from the past classes?
We will now find busts in the first round. Meaning we might draft the next Ryan Leaf in the first round. We may also find the next Tom Brady in the 6th round. This was never possible before because players were drafted from best overalls to worst overalls. I feel like I am repeating back exactly what the devs have said in their blogs...

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 07-12-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
I dont remember ever being able to edit ratings mid-franchise...???
Yes we can. It was confirmed by Chase at E3. Look up his blog from his impressions at E3

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 12:05 AM   #16
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
There seems to be this unfortunate rumor going around the draft classes can be customized, probably brought on by the phrase "Custom" draft classes. A better way to say it is to say "hand made" draft classes.

Draft classes can not be customized. You can edit number, equipment, appearance, etc. after drafting them, but otherwise, it's no different than previous draft classes. What's "custom" about them is that they're hand made by the developers rather than randomly generated.
I would have to say you are wrong on that. It's is very different from last year if the bold part is true then it's very different from last year. If you have a creative mind, you can now make Maddens hand made draft a real draft just after they have joined their team. Lets say you have a QB that is going in the first round his name is Baker, and his accuracy is really good and high just change all his stuff and make it match Sam Bradford coming out of OK change the school his height wight his rating to make him a starter or not. you just need a creative mind to get around it. NCAA is the way I am going this year like every other year if Tim Tebow is too heigh ill hust lower is rating and make him a second stringer problem solved for players being too good.(well for me at least I have no problem fixing thinngs myself)

So I feel draft classes are able to be customized just after the draft if you dont mind it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »