Home

Madden 10: Why don't corners play inside?

This is a discussion on Madden 10: Why don't corners play inside? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #33
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden 10: Why don't corners play inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Sure would be nice if we could shade our corners to whatever side we wanted. Hmmm, where did I get that idea from? I'm surprised no one has thought to put that in a football game yet. Oh wait a minute.........
I do so miss that

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #34
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
1. The receiver is free to move away from the inside help
2. You're in the way
The only place the receiver can move to is the sideline. The QB still has to get he ball in between the defender and the sideline.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:33 AM   #35
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
The only place the receiver can move to is the sideline. The QB still has to get he ball in between the defender and the sideline.
Then why have another defender there? If all you need is the corner and the sideline, why do you have safety help at all?

Most throws are not streaks and fades. You guys don't seem to want to consider outs, curls, flags. The amount of room between the receiver and the sideline is dictated by the offense, not the defense. If the offense splits 8 on the left and are on the right hash mark, that's a hell of a lot of outside space to cover.

Show me a play that has an elite CB playing inside leverage against an uncovered 8 yard split. Please.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 01:33 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
If that's cover 2 press, the Raiders need to cut that safety.
thats the problem with madden safties till the end of time they are always in NO MANS LAND.

for some reason they backpedal as soon as the ball is snapped reguardless of the routs or if it is a run or not.

and the corners are too slow or too dumb to realize the coverage and play accordingly.

and the safeties or corners dont play the ball out of the qbs hand they realize they are close to the ball then go for the pick the do not break on the ball to jump a route
NHL- Blackhawks
Soccer- Eh
Old 07-10-2009, 01:37 AM   #37
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Deion is another guy that played a lot of outside technique.

Easier to get the pick-6 from the outside.

That statement I made bold is false. No way is it easier to make picks by playing from the outside.

Here is a video showcasing that Deon Sanders played inside position, not outside.

In this video you will witness about 98% of the time Deon takes inside position on his coverage. You can also see when he is in a zone cause of how he just back pedals and looks at the Qb. This is the only time you will see him use that technique. Other than that he takes the inside and stares his wr down.

You want to make the Qb throw to the sidelines. Its a longer throw for them, and someone like Deon with great speed can take great advantage of that. You will see he is always coming from the middle of the field and attacking towards the sidelines when the throw is made.

I know this for a fact cause I study Deon to the fullest, and I mirrored the same technique.
This is where I noticed that when playing man to man coverage you stare your wr down till he looks back for the ball then you look back.

Fast forward a little the video starts of a little slow, but then it show Deon Shutting it down.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:37 AM   #38
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCrap
thats the problem with madden safties till the end of time they are always in NO MANS LAND.
I was talking about the real life clip. The safety gets there about 20 minutes too late.

-Mark Twain.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:45 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
I was talking about the real life clip. The safety gets there about 20 minutes too late.
oh aight in that case it was probably Michael Huff

when Al david may cut you....you kno u suck
NHL- Blackhawks
Soccer- Eh
Old 07-10-2009, 01:45 AM   #40
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
1. The receiver is free to move away from the inside help. The only way to limit the receiver's movement outside is to force him toward the sideline, further away from your help, which in most cases when a receiver sees two defenders inside him, is exactly where he wants to go. So essentially, if you do leverage him toward the sideline, you're turning your double team into man to man coverage.

2. You're in the way.

Oh, and has anyone thought about the fact that when you're in outside leverage, you can see the ball without taking your eyes off the receiver? Most corners would rather play outside, but the fact that it's so difficult to cover inside routes (the majority of the route tree) means only the fastest can play that way most of the time.

Hence, why Darrell Green and Deion Sanders played it almost exclusively. To them, it was a huge advantage. A lot of Deion's interceptions were under cutting the post from outside leverage because the QB thought he was beat.

The speed factor is why most corners play inside. If a receiver gets inside you, speed is the only help you have left. The throw is an easy one, the ball's not in the air as long, and the receiver is usually in a position to beat you to the endzone once he has the ball.
1. A double teams consist of you taking away the inside, and the help taking away over the top. Your not going to double team someone by taking away the inside and outside. You double team a solid fast wr that way and he will just run a fly pattern right by both DB's.

2.Im sorry but your not in the way.

3. I would love for a Db to play me on my outside and take a look at the qb while im running my route. I would have a field day. Honestly my Qb and I would scorch the scoreboard if a DB played me this way. Now if this is a cover 2 zone then that is a different story. This is where flag or some might know as a corner route will be needed to eat up a cover 2 zone.

4. I just posted a video showing that Deon played Inside. I didn't look up Green's technique.

5. I agree with you on your 5th comment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »