Home

Mid Air Collisions

This is a discussion on Mid Air Collisions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Mid Air Collisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
This one is not that bad as everyone is making it seem. The defender never sells out for the pick and then turns to make the tackle.To me it seems like he was thinking about going for the pick and then realized it wasnt there and attempted the tackle/break up.
the problem is physically that's impossible to turn around like that and make a tackle.

go play football with a friend and try and square up to make a inteception then turn in mid air and try and tackle someone it cant be done. if the corners body wasnt fully facing the ball then the animation would be fine
NHL- Blackhawks
Soccer- Eh
Old 07-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCrap
the problem is physically that's impossible to turn around like that and make a tackle.

go play football with a friend and try and square up to make a inteception then turn in mid air and try and tackle someone it cant be done. if the corners body wasnt fully facing the ball then the animation would be fine
It was just a situation where the animations blended badly. It happens in EVERY sports videogame. You're going to have moments where animations blend badly, especially when they involve two characters.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It was just a situation where the animations blended badly. It happens in EVERY sports videogame. You're going to have moments where animations blend badly, especially when they involve two characters.
I don't think those animations should blend at all. The defender is jumping for an interception attempt, with his back to the WR. That should not blend into a tackle attempt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 7

Madden vid shows the Corner turning his shoulders and lifting BOTH hands in attempt to pick it off, than warps around onto the receiver.

To me they dont look at all alike.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I don't think those animations should blend at all. The defender is jumping for an interception attempt, with his back to the WR. That should not blend into a tackle attempt.
ian said they have layer blending so these problem wont happen in madden 10. that should be a big play if the db failed to make the unterception. why is ian cumming lieing to us.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I just dont understand it. EA is pretty much a household name and they cant make a game with smooth animations. The Madden animations remind me of the way Transformers move rather then actual NFL football. Why cant they get it right for ONCE THIS DECADE, THEY HAD IT RIGHT SO LONG AGO.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 50

I think that mid air collisions would be better. Because I want to break up passes easier
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #16
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq0hv1LNwfM

I see what Ian is getting at about the mid air collision it does happen in real life sometime there are rewards for still making the tackle and sometime you just miss in general, both happen in this video 1:04 mark and the 1:13 mark

Edit: you will even see a true RC in there also.

Last edited by Blkcanes; 07-10-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »