Home

Less control but smoother animations or More control but more robotic movements

This is a discussion on Less control but smoother animations or More control but more robotic movements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Less control smoother animations or more control with robotic animations
Less control, but smoother animations 105 67.74%
Current control level or more, but somewhat robotic 50 32.26%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Less control but smoother animations or More control but more robotic movements

Inspired by the wr/db jostling thread. If you had to choose one or the other, which would it be. I know some people will say why not both, but from the sounds of it, trying to make both is extremely difficult. I think 2k5 animations are extremely realistic, but there are times when i feel like I'm not in control. i.e when using the right stick juke control on 2k5 there seems to be a delay more so than the right stick juke in madden, 2k looks better, but Madden's version is more responsive. Constructive feed back is welcome. I didn't vote because honestly I don't know. Maybe some of you can be more assertive than I and give the devs some way to gage what direction to take this game.

Last edited by BrKrMaTa; 07-10-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Less control but smoother animations or More control but more robotic movements

From the other thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Hell no, lol. That would never happen. EA just needs to decide what it wants Madden to be. Being the only NFL game in town they need to make up their mind. Total sim or not. I'm tired of this half and half personally.

If they want to go total sim they need to implement a animation system that allows realistic results. I can't decide I'm going to spin IRL then juke before I finish my spin. I have to complete my spin before I decide what I want to do next.

When and if EA decides to do this, they need to provide training mini games or practice game so long time players don't feel alienated by the new control. If people don't want to take the time to learn the game then that's on them. EA should teach players the proper way to play the game instead of sacrificing realism.

Some user control has to be taken away to allow realistic results during gameplay.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Less control but smoother animations or More control but more robotic movements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrKrMaTa
I think 2k5 animation are extremely realistic but there are times when i feel like i,m not in control.
This in a nutshell was why I played, liked, and had fun with madden more than 2k5 last gen. While I thought 2k5 had better animations (and presentation) than Madden 2005, 2k5 felt very unresponsive to me and slow in some areas. Madden 2005 was much more responsive imo, and it just made it a lot more enjoyable for me to play compared to 2k5.

So yeah... I guess I would take better control and decent animations over less control and great animations. But overall of course, the best would be having great control and great animations.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 07-10-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

I don't think they are mutually exclusive. In fact, half the time i don't even feel i have control when these animations are playing out. I think they need to give us more control, while making the animations as smooth as possible. Look at games like MLB 09, NHL 09, FN rd 4 has amazing visuals, realistic animations AND PHYSICS! It can be done.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Is it even possible? less control gives you NBA 2K9 Robotic Animations give you NBA Live 07 , or MLB 2K8. . . if there is way to get similar with MLB 09 then we'll have progress

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
I don't think they are mutually exclusive. In fact, half the time i don't even feel i have control when these animations are playing out. I think they need to give us more control, while making the animations as smooth as possible. Look at games like MLB 09, NHL 09, FN rd 4 has amazing visuals, realistic animations AND PHYSICS! It can be done.
I understand what you're saying, but as someone mentioned in another post, baseball and hockey are totally different than football. Just accounting for all the animations that could occur on the ol/dl interaction could be a daunting task... that on top of the wr/db interaction, tackle and break tackle, running backs, qbs, etc.. all these variations and the number of animations needed to accurately portrait them in football and all the possible animations can get pretty extensive. Not saying it can't be done, I just think it would take a while to get that many different variations into a football game than into hockey or baseball.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

i just want football to be expressed. if physics is not respected then the NFL will never be expressed in madden as long as they dont respect the physics so i say less control and smoother animations

EASY, BREEZY, BEAUTIFUL, COVERGIRL
Old 07-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
From the other thread
Sacrifice Control for realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »