Home

A BIG game design Issue

This is a discussion on A BIG game design Issue within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 01:36 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: A BIG game design Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by leke4bears
dude, i dont think you know what you are talking about. that is a pure example of robo qb and EYE in the back of head. the guy playing called the right play, but the CPU still find a way to complete the pass. cooley did not turn is head for the ball before the ball was threw to him. i will like you to prove me wrong by showing me a video of a wr or te that make a catch when he was not expecting the ball cause if he was expecting the ball he would have turn is head for the ball before the ball was threw to him.
ROBO QB?? i know its been a problem in madden but come on, thats a easy play to see. pause it at 7 sec exactly. look at the space on that field. THATS CLEAR AS DAY, QB better have made that throw but im saying the animation was uncalled for and could have caught it regular and still got yards

matt: the defender of all that is madden, im actually defending madden. the play was legit, the animation was stupid. that animation will still be in final build so the OP has somethin to worry about

EASY, BREEZY, BEAUTIFUL, COVERGIRL

Last edited by WolfpackJk; 07-13-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackJk
ROBO QB?? i know its been a problem in madden but come on, thats a easy play to see. pause it at 7 sec exactly. look at the space on that field. THATS CLEAR AS DAY, QB better have made that throw but im saying the animation was uncalled for and could have caught it regular and still got yards

matt: the defender of all that is madden, im actually defending madden. the play was legit, the animation was stupid. that animation will still be in final build so the OP has somethin to worry about
the only problem i have is that the cooley was not turning his head for the ball and he still made the catch. that is a pure example of EYE in the side and back of the head. i personally think that the reward for the presure should be an incomplete pass. maybe am just the one being picky i think i have to agree with you only the animation should be turn down.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:19 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
the only problem i have is that the cooley was not turning his head for the ball and he still made the catch. that is a pure example of EYE in the side and back of the head. i personally think that the reward for the presure should be an incomplete pass. maybe am just the one being picky i think i have to agree with you only the animation should be turn down.
you saw pressure....lol...man u got superman eyes. people saying NCAA 10 pass rush is suspect so im starting to wonder if that video IAN show will be legit for madden 10

oh yeah my bad i actually didnt see dude get close to jason campbell. but with QB can throw the ball now while being hit or close to hit i hope madden simulates it to where it not cheesy.

EASY, BREEZY, BEAUTIFUL, COVERGIRL

Last edited by WolfpackJk; 07-13-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:40 AM   #60
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

It can be addressed with a patch if it is in madden ten. But we have not played the demo yet. So we will have to wait and see if we need a patch are not.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:48 AM   #61
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
is ian lieing to us. he told us that these problem have been solve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gltmspnu0TU

ian/EA defence lawyer(KANE699). The TE must have five EYE to make such a weird catch.
1 how does he know that the QB threw the ball?
2 how the he know were the QB threw the ball?
let call a spade a spade every thing about that catch is bull****.
madden 10 is getting scarery folks.
Well for one. This is a freaking computer game. How perfect do you expect Ian and crew make the game. They are trying everything they can to make the game real as possible for us. But not every little aspect of gameplay is going to be perfect. So chill out. Ian is not lieing to us are anything like that. I used stand people wanting the game to be as close to what we see on sundays. But this is only so much the madden crew can get done in a one year period. All I can say if you ain't happy with the current madden 10. Then trying making one yourselfs. Ian and Phil and the rest of the crew has done their best this year. Well if you ain't happy. Oh well. I am happy with the way things are looking so far. Besides a few things that need to be worked on for madden 11. But the most part the game is looking real good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 03:13 AM   #62
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
is ian lieing to us. he told us that these problem have been solve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gltmspnu0TU

ian/EA defence lawyer(KANE699). The TE must have five EYE to make such a weird catch.
1 how does he know that the QB threw the ball?
2 how the he know were the QB threw the ball?
let call a spade a spade every thing about that catch is bull****.
madden 10 is getting scarery folks.
At least use spell check since you aren't going to take the time to get the english language and grammer down before you try to talk down to me.

Seriously, Madden 10 has procedual awareness and will have players looking before catching, you're talking about a broken alpha build being scary? You really have some things to learn, sit down champ, all you past posts have been very questionable to your knowledge of the game.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-13-2009, 06:15 AM   #63
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
At least use spell check since you aren't going to take the time to get the english language and grammer down before you try to talk down to me.

Seriously, Madden 10 has procedual awareness and will have players looking before catching, you're talking about a broken alpha build being scary? You really have some things to learn, sit down champ, all you past posts have been very questionable to your knowledge of the game.
it = procedural awareness

That's good to know. I have heard many things like it is but only for looks and I have heard it is not. If it is in for only looks that is ok with me because the player must still slow down before turning their heads which is way better than if they turn around just before the ball gets there.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 21

There may be some confusion here. I am mainly talking about Being able to throw balls before a WR makes his initial cut in his route.

If a WR is suppose to run a post or a corner or a in/out, you should not be able to throw the ball at them(and they go after it) before they make that first cut. How on earth can any defense account for that and how on earth can any Wr do that in real life ?

If you can just chuck the ball to a WR and the ball goes to where the WR is, then all you gotta do is call any play then wait till the wr gets in a seam or open area and force the ball to him for a completion. This is breaking the zone coverages. It looks like they try to deal with it by warping the defenders to where the ball is going and thats why we see all these unatural animations/leaping abilities by the WR's and the DB's.

Now if anyone can verify this is not the case in madden 2010 then please do and we can shut this thread down. Else I think we all need to have a civil debate going forward as to how to correct this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »