Home

One Blocking Issue I hope has been fixed

This is a discussion on One Blocking Issue I hope has been fixed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15
One Blocking Issue I hope has been fixed

With all the gameplay improvements to Madden 10, one thing can actually ruin a little bit of it. Blocking. Do lead blockers still block towards the way the runner is running? Or do the blockers actually go out and find an open man in the running path of the runner?

I can't stand seeing my blockers, especially on screens, run the exact same path as I am when they can't see me. It causes missed blocks because of them trying to follow which way I go. I want them to set a path for me, not follow exactly where I am going. Do, you guys understand what I am saying?

The blockers always run away from oncoming defenders who have a chance to make a tackle for a defender who has no chance at all. So many times have I had open field with one man to beat and 2 blockers only for them to run inside to block other people. I hope this doesn't happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 50
Re: One Blocking Issue I hope has been fixed

Oh yeah, I REALLY hated when that happened. Plays like that are supposed to be a TD (or a great play by the defender). There has been countless times where I, the running back, was in the open field with my FB, and he just turned around and blocked a DL.

I could understand if it was an O-linemen in the open field trying to keep up but not a FB. An o-linemen might get tired and run too slow, forcing you to overtake him and risk getting tackled by a defender in the open field, but that wouldn't happen with any fullback unless they were a Lorenzo Neal type of fullback.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 07-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 21

If this was fixed I'd be sooo happy. I've adjusted my running style to fake like I'm heading right towards a defender for a second, that way my blocker in front of me does the same and engages, then I have a chance to get to the next level.

The poor blocking, lack of sideline awareness, DB jumping swats, and robo QB are the primary issues that break the sense of football immersion for me. I'm hopeful these fixes and the new presentation efforts really make 10 special.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 07-13-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
If this was fixed I'd be sooo happy. I've adjusted my running style to fake like I'm heading right towards a defender for a second, that way my blocker in front of me does the same and engages, then I have a chance to get to the next level.

The poor blocking, lack of sideline awareness, DB jumping swats, and robo QB are the primary issues that break the sense of football immersion for me. I'm hopeful these fixes and the new presentation efforts really make 10 special.
Thats the thing. All those have been worked on, but I haven't heard anything about this specific issue. If this is fixed then it will be amazing. Blockers actually blocking instead of being psychic and running anywhere you run.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

If im running with my hb i like my fullback is make a effort on a block
just make him pick a whole if my play is to run left the fullback shoudnt always try go to the outside instead he should go by between the lineman and make a whole and ill have a choice to follow him or keep runnign to the out side but he shodutn alwasy run to the outside or w/e seems like my fullback does that alot go to the outside instead of making a whole between the offensive lineman is

2nd thing when u out side or in open field
if there 2 -3 defensive guys your fb gets confused and sometimes stop for a 1-2 sec and then pick a guy up behind u which he shoudl worry about the guys ahead if there 2 guys he shodl just pick the closet guy where he is instead of getting confused and stop and act like he dont know what to do fullback job really simple all he need to know is the halfback getting the ball and needs to know if he runing left or right and he dont have a certain route to run all he need to know is to make a block which dont mean to run outside of the field to make a block it shodu be to make a block by the offensive tackles or outside he nneeds just make a choice and make a block if hes outside and 2 guys coming he shoudl make a block and not for a sec shoudl he stop or get confuse who to block it shodul be the guy front of him not the guy behidn the hb cause u woudltn know there a guy behind the hb cause u cant see that this **** really piss me off
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »