Home

Training before games?

This is a discussion on Training before games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Training before games?

I think I read somewhere that training before games is gone this year. Does this mean players will only progress at the end of a season and there will be no way to control what attributes you can improve? Because I would love to train Pat White and increase his accuracy ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Training before games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I think I read somewhere that training before games is gone this year. Does this mean players will only progress at the end of a season and there will be no way to control what attributes you can improve? Because I would love to train Pat White and increase his accuracy ratings.
You're correct sir.
I once got Tavaris Jackson to a 99 overall with 99 power and 99 accuracy... this should not be possible.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
You're correct sir.
I once got Tavaris Jackson to a 99 overall with 99 power and 99 accuracy... this should not be possible.
lmfao at taravis being anything over 70

And I think now it's based on stats during the season and the player will be upgraded after each season.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplayer321
lmfao at taravis being anything over 70

And I think now it's based on stats during the season and the player will be upgraded after each season.
So if I had a 65% completion percentage with Pat White his accuracy would increase?
Old 07-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

The real question is, if you don't play someone on Sunday during the season, does that mean you shouldn't expect to see them increase in the offseason?

Say you draft a QB; is he not learning anything by sitting for 2 or more years?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Training before games was terrible, go back to the original formula, progression every 5 games. Then off- season physical progression
Old 07-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQman2121
The real question is, if you don't play someone on Sunday during the season, does that mean you shouldn't expect to see them increase in the offseason?

Say you draft a QB; is he not learning anything by sitting for 2 or more years?
I agree with you on that topic to. It would be really frustrating to see a quarterback with high potential that you're grooming not progress because he's learning on the bench.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

that gave me an idea for an attribute next year. how about like a teach rating and a learning rating?

players like brett favre would have a high teaching rating which would positively affect the progression of other qb's lower on the depth chart.

or just have some sort of a system that the better a veteran qb performs or the better the qb's coach, the more the other qb's develop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »