Home

can we swap conferences? in our chise

This is a discussion on can we swap conferences? in our chise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3
can we swap conferences? in our chise

playing ncaa 10,,, they have a feature when you are starting your dynasty you have option to swap any teams with any conferences,, will this be a feature on madden? As much as i love rivarly games,,,sick of playing 49ers, seahawks, cards twice a season when i play my rams...
thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: can we swap conferences? in our chise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
playing ncaa 10,,, they have a feature when you are starting your dynasty you have option to swap any teams with any conferences,, will this be a feature on madden? As much as i love rivarly games,,,sick of playing 49ers, seahawks, cards twice a season when i play my rams...
thanks

I would love that feature. I'm sure it's not in Madden, but I used to do that all the time with 2k5. And why not? The NFL has restructured the league several times before.

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:30 AM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

No it ain't bro. This idea would not work anyway. In the last 15 years a few teams in the NFL had to change confernce because the NFL added the Texans and the browns. So moving teams around into different conferences would be to unreal.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:36 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
No it ain't bro. This idea would not work anyway. In the last 15 years a few teams in the NFL had to change confernce because the NFL added the Texans and the browns. So moving teams around into different conferences would be to unreal.
It may not be "real" but who is to say that they wont change the conferences? If we are allowed to user create teams and import them in place of another team why not let us choose who is in what conference?

I love the way the broncos look but if I want to be able to play my friend in the same franchise at least once a year guaranteed and he picks the Falcons then I have to choose someone from the NFC south. If we could edit the conferences it would clean that up.

Its just like salary cap. Some people dont want to play with it others say it must be on. In the end they at least give the offline guys a choice to if they want to play "real" football or not.

This is a situation where being "real/sim/whatever" does not apply. It should be an option for those who want it.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Why on earth would anyone WANT there to be fewer options and less customization in Madden? What is the meaning of this?

Oh, and do you remember last decade when there were only THREE DIVISIONS per conference? The whole structure has been modified.

Do you remember two decades ago when there were only FOUR PLAYOFF TEAMS per conference?

Do you remember three decades ago when there were only FOURTEEN GAMES per season?

So basically, every single decade the NFL is doing some serious structural modification.

If Madden is like the NFL, we should have that option. Franchise mode lasts 30 seasons bro. According to NFL history, we should have about 3 significant modifications to the structure of the NFL during the course of one completion of Franchise mode. Thus, having this option would only be as unrealistic as the player choses to make it (and note that NO changes is as unrealistic as many).

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.

Last edited by titansftw; 07-14-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 06:00 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
This idea would not work anyway. So moving teams around into different conferences would be to unreal.
Funny how the idea works in other football games. You must mean you're not interested in that particular feature, meaning get out of here and go find some "I'm ecstatic with the lack of features!" thread to post in.

Last edited by baa7; 07-14-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:27 AM   #7
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Wasn't this an option on last gen Madden?
Old 07-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #8
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

I am pretty sure you CAN move teams around. In this video you can see the conferences and they have obviously been moved around.

It is at about 1/3 of the way through the video. It's says 2009 standings week 3 but some teams are 11-5 or whatever and the users team browns is 2-1. Anyway you can see they moved some teams around, no denying that but I don't get the records and stuff. It plainly says AFC standings...

http://maddennfl.easports.com/media.action?version=10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »