Home

I hope next year in Madden 11 EA and team can focus on defense for just 1 year....

This is a discussion on I hope next year in Madden 11 EA and team can focus on defense for just 1 year.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 50
Re: I hope next year in Madden 11 EA and team can focus on defense for just 1 year...

I want them to make a stretched array of hit stick animations depending on the strenth, hit power, and weight of a defender.

Hard-hitting Variations

Don't tell me that Q. Jammer for the chargers hits the same way as Ray lewis.

Ray lewis tackles high with bone crushing force while Jammer is known for his hard hits low. Therefore, they should have more animations to cover this. If a CB tries to tackle high, many times they will be trucked.

Bob Sanders and Troy Polamalu. Both hard hitters at the safety position. As every one knows, Bob Sanders can really mess someone's legs up with his extremely hard hits low. Also, Troy Polamalu is an all out monster when it comes to "head hunting". Troy P is heavier, and therefore, has the option to hit someone up high with alot of force. Bob Sanders is kind of light so he tackles low alot but still packs great force.

I don't want to see Albert Haynesworth get a Big Hit that looks the same a Ray lewis. Albert would most likely hit the ballcarrier around the rib cage to the top of the head and then fall on top of the player using his weight. Ray would most likely come and pop the guy right under his chin. Rey lewis, even though he is not light, would still have to come downhill to get a big hit.

Hit Power

If a defender does not have that much hit power, their hit stick animations shouldn't be a carbon copy of a Ray Lewis hit stick animation. Weight should also matter in this variable. If a 300 pound lineman runs full speed into a little running back, even if the lineman is not a so called "big hitter" he's still gonna cause mayhem due to using his weight. It is also very fake when I throw an interception and I can still hit stick the Db with my Rb and get a fumble (this has happened 10+ times). I don't think a player that has below 50 hit stick should have an animation that even looks vaguely like the big hitters in the league unless they are a cb or safety going for the legs.

If there are more Hit stick animations, nobody would call the animations "wrestling moves" because the animations would look more like how the players would tackle in real life. Sorry for the long post.

P.S DeSean Jackson shouldn't be able to lay out a Middle linebacker.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #26
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: I hope next year in Madden 11 EA and team can focus on defense for just 1 year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I don't need to play the final build to know what's in and what's not in the game. The stuff I will post is not in 2010. You can take that to the bank.
I hope your list includes man lock, individual bumping and wr shading just for starters. Man I miss those features.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 2

Maybe they should make the 3-4 Defense more effective.
I'm tired of Demarcus Ware finishing the season with only 2-4 sacks.
He should be able to get pressure almost every other play instead of just standing their holding the O-Lineman.
And my NT should be able to command double teams and not let some guy 20 lbs lighter than him block him all by himself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »