Home

Release Day/Night Rituals

This is a discussion on Release Day/Night Rituals within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Release Day/Night Rituals

i have never gone to a midnight release but im gonna go this year and ill prob pick it up and then grab some grub and come home play for a few hours and then hit the hay and wake up the next morning and playyyyyy some more!

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 07-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

I take my girlfriend out to a nice dinner a few nights before, because God knows she deserves it for what a mess I end up turning into on release night.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #11
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Now that iv been in the working world the last few years I usually pick up the game on my lunch break. In the morning I come to os and see what peeps r saying about the game. Once I get the game I torture myself with the instruction book until I get home. I usually take off the day after but since its coming out on a Friday well have all weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

I usually schedule a few days off so that I can get into it without distractions from work, the wife, etc. I can't do the midnight release thing though--I just get too sleepy.

What works best for me is to simply have it overnighted from Gamestop, and when it arrives that day, I'm all fresh, wide-awake, and ready to go. I usually read people's impressions in the meantime. I may rent first this year, though. Just not sure.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #13
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSMD410
Just figured this would be kinda cool to see what everyones rituals are for madden releases. I myself am a midnight warrior. I get to my gamestop about 11pm before huge crowds start. Im usually about 15th in line. Once I get my game I normally go grab a quick bite to eat normally at taco bell and a coffee from Dunkin Donuts then home to play. I normally play 3 online games before bed. How about you guys what do you do? You a midnight warrior also?
ahh man, the good ole days.. to be young again, when your biggest worry is what you are gonna do for the Madden midnight release party..

enjoy it now boys.. cuz once marriage and kids come these day are over!
Old 07-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well, i pre ordered Madden from my local gamestop store, but im not going to get the game there. Once i get the code for the demo, im gonna cancel the pre order and get my $5 back.

Then when the game releases at midnight, i will go to Wal-Mart where there will be no lines and annoying tennie boppers. After i get out of Wal-Mart, i will drive to the Taco Bell thats in the same parking lot and get some grub for my long night ahead.

Then, before i head home i will stop at the gas station thats 2 min away from my house and get me a big energy drink and a pack of cigs. And if i have to i will gas up since im there.

I have Friday - Sundays off so i have a long weekend to just relax and play some god damn football!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #15
Rookie

ice23's Arena

OVR: 3

I take the next few days off to get my weight up first. there are alot of peeps that wanna get it in for serious money and i cant be caught slipping. Right now i'm like pookie from new jack city waiting for the 14th. Will be at the store by 10pm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #16
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

I get up early in the morning on the day of the release and go down to target they open at 6am and grab me a copy, I grab breakfast at mcdonalds and head home and start playing, It is great this year since my wife is going to be visiting her parents.
I don't have to work that day. I am going to play the game drink some beer fire up the grill for lunch. If my wife was home I probaly get a couple of games in before she finds something around the house for me to do, but not this year. Ha Ha!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »