Home

Old 07-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Cassel?

Matt Cassel is going to be a very good player in Kansas City because, of the fact that the OC Haley is a good offensive coach. He got good coaching already in New England and knows how to prepare. He got a good running back and there recievers could have break-out seasons
Old 07-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
I think he should do pretty well... now that the chiefs have Haley (the offensive coordinator from the Cardinals last year).... He won't be as good as he was last year probably with New England... But he's got Bowe still.. I think he will do about average or perhaps a little above average for a QB...
Cassel is good, but not having Randy Moss and Wes Welker and that killer O-Line will hurt tons. The Patriots made Cassel better while Brady makes the Patriots Better. Regardless, Cassel is better than their other options at QB and he isn't going to be a bad QB IMO. I think KC not getting 11 wins like NE did last year will make people think he isn't good which isn't fair.

Also concider though that KC plays Oakland and Denver twice his year and the Chargers are a joke in the regular season. [to chargers fans, your team is the worst best team in football becasue they are inconsistant. The Chargers last year were the cowboys of last year in a weaksauce division. The Patriots should have been allowed to play in your stead, they at least would have had a real shot.]

The big deal with Matt Cassel is he needs to continue to just not make mistakes. Mistakes are always bad, more so at the NFL level. His job is to not lose games more than win them. You may disagree with me but that is far easier said than done.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 49

Cassel is a very good QB. I know he had lots of weapons, but I think he could do good on just about any team after a few years to mature. He is one my favorite among new QB's, and I dont understand why some cant see his talent. Great arm, great running(scott mitchell eat your heart out), and much smarter then scott mitchell. I actually thought mitchell was the best qb sanders ever had to run behind(not saying much), mostly because he at least could go deep and stretch the defence, or come up with a big play out of nowhere.

I Think Cassel will be great in time. I love his play, and he is smart on and off the feild. Hard to find guys like that.Best of all, he really wants to win!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 12:55 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiggs25
Matt Cassel is going to be a very good player in Kansas City because, of the fact that the OC Haley is a good offensive coach. He got good coaching already in New England and knows how to prepare. He got a good running back and there recievers could have break-out seasons
Without Randy Moss (the constant deep threat) and Wes Welker (Mr. Reliable), I doubt Matt is going to be able to get up to anywhere close to his stats last year. He might turn out to be a good qb later, but he still is going to have to get accustomed to talent defficiency in Kansas this year.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 07-16-2009, 04:09 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

hate to play the race card. but a white qb with one good year gets payed big time. rob johnson, scott mitchel, cassel and so on. but a black qb has to be a top 5 pick to get payed. say if wallace leads the seahwaks to the playoffs. you think he will get 60+mil.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:11 AM   #14
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

What does this have to do with Madden?

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 07-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

Can't people see Cassel is a system QB? As much as I hate Belichick, he is an excellent coach. Cassel won't have Moss, Welker or a good Oline, not to mention a fairly good D. On top of that, theres not alot of veteran presence on the Cheifs- a lot of the players on the Pats have been playing together for a while so they mesh. (I can't believe I'm complimenting the Pats so much, but it needs to be said to prove Cassel will fall flat on his face)

If the Chiefs didn't trade away Gonzalez, I'd say Cassel would have at least a security blanket, but now he just has Bowe (who is good, but thats not enough). I personally think the Chiefs will win the same amount of games this year as they would have if Thigpen was their starter (4 or 5 wins), and they would have Thigpen for $14M less this year, and without the $28M guarenteed.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8

This is a very good analogy. I thought of Mitchell immediately when KC gave up this much to get them after they decided to stay with Thigpen.

He will get beat down in KC and will realize he should have stayed in NE as a backup just in case. KC has no talent compared to NE now that KC traded Gonzales

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »