Home

Play every game, Not me

This is a discussion on Play every game, Not me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you play as other teams during your franchise?
yes 10 15.38%
no 55 84.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Play every game, Not me

Before I rant away, here's the thing... Do you play as just your team, or any team you want?

Am I the only one here that thinks the "play every game in franchise" feature should be an optional box when starting your franchise? I hate that because... I'll guess 1/8 of franchise players actually use it.

I have never played another teams games in the course of any of my franchise's going back to tecmo super bowl. I play as the Packers, and that is it. If I want to play as another team I'll start a different 'chise or use play now.

I want realism, not gimmicks. I want all the morning games to play together (sim morning games as a whole, not one at a time) as well as afternoon games.

Why you may ask? Look at what franchise could have if this were an option..

Score ticker for other games...
Highlights from around the league between quarters... during halftime show...post game show...
Live standings changes during your game (morning game runs long and goes to OT as your game starts. 9 mins into the first quarter a "Gamebreak" takes you to see that Minnesota just won their game to go to 10-5 and now trail you by half a game..)

If you play in the afternoon game or sunday or monday night game, maybe they could build a quick pre-game show to run down what has happened around the league when you load your game.

All of this adds to the immersion of the franchise, and as of now nobody seems to care

Sorry for the rant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Play every game, Not me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
Before I rant away, here's the thing... Do you play as just your team, or any team you want?

Am I the only one here that thinks the "play every game in franchise" feature should be an optional box when starting your franchise? I hate that because... I'll guess 1/8 of franchise players actually use it.

I have never played another teams games in the course of any of my franchise's going back to tecmo super bowl. I play as the Packers, and that is it. If I want to play as another team I'll start a different 'chise or use play now.

I want realism, not gimmicks. I want all the morning games to play together (sim morning games as a whole, not one at a time) as well as afternoon games.

Why you may ask? Look at what franchise could have if this were an option..

Score ticker for other games...
Highlights from around the league between quarters... during halftime show...post game show...
Live standings changes during your game (morning game runs long and goes to OT as your game starts. 9 mins into the first quarter a "Gamebreak" takes you to see that Minnesota just won their game to go to 10-5 and now trail you by half a game..)

If you play in the afternoon game or sunday or monday night game, maybe they could build a quick pre-game show to run down what has happened around the league when you load your game.

All of this adds to the immersion of the franchise, and as of now nobody seems to care

Sorry for the rant.
I don't ever play other games in my franchise and I just use the Vikes. At the same time I wouldn't mind being able to select any game to play if I wanted to, but in sequence, not ahead of games scheduled before mine.

Even if that would be a possibility I agree when you say all the morning games play together, not one at a time. I have always hated that part of franch. I don't want to see the outcome of a game before I start mine when I am the Vikings, we are suppossed to be playing at the same time. I should have to wait for a game break or half time update. After the morning games then start the afternoon games, just like we see on Sunday.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

You should consider the fact that some of us enjoy watching CPU vs. CPU games. With the 'play every game option', that gives me the opportunity to watch other teams play.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 19

Nope, only play as my team.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

I used to play as the other AFC West teams sometimes, just to purposely make them lose and get their best players injured lol. but that was a long time ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #6
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
You should consider the fact that some of us enjoy watching CPU vs. CPU games. With the 'play every game option', that gives me the opportunity to watch other teams play.

i did when i said it should be an option when starting your chise
Old 07-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

So no ticker of the days games???? I really miss that feature from 07??? and NCAA. I'd rather see a ticker of the games transactions/scores etc. than the useless ESPN live ticker that seems to invade every game these days...
Old 07-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
Pro

This would be a very cool thing to see in-game during a franchise.

The game itself cannot sim multiple games at once, but the interface could be chaged.

Ex.

You have the 4th morning game. You pick "Play Game", in the background Madden can sim the other morning games. Then it withholds the outcomes and instead gives you partial updates during your own game, as if they are also being played in real-time.

This is an impressive idea for franchise, and I do think they could program it into the system without much hassle.

Last edited by bang911; 07-16-2009 at 07:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »