Home

Franchise Mode: Do you keep your draft picks?

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode: Do you keep your draft picks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 06:06 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Franchise Mode: Do you keep your draft picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Joey Porter 94 overall. Are you kidding me!! Porter has really ain't been that good in years. I would say porter should be in the upper 70s at best.
Believe it or not, Porter had 17.5 sacks last year. I had to do a triple take when I saw that so a 94 is probably just about right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 06:13 AM   #26
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

I like drafting players, scouting, etc. So I will trade for picks, but won't usually trade a pick unless it's shedding a low pick with a player for a higher one.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:00 AM   #27
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4

i like to trade my picks for picks. like someone stated earlier. before i play week one i will trade my 1st rd to say... cinci for their 1st rd. 2nd rd to buff for their 2nd i do this for the first 3 rds it helps me pay attention to what other teams are doing in the win-loss column. i have my house rules like i never trade for players only picks.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #28
Rookie

Stacks's Arena

OVR: 4

No way in hell would anyone give up a 1st and 3rd for Joey Porter. I like to stockpile draft picks, but I like to keep my trades as real as possilbe. Like if I had a top 10 pick then, I'll trade down in the mid to late first and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd in the process.

Or if I have a highly rated player that isn't happy with his contract like Leon Washington (I use the Jets for my franchise), then I'll trade him for a 2nd because that's what I think he's worth realistically.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I ALWAYS build thru the draft, so if anything, I trade away players (especially higher priced players), for extra draft picks. I never trade for a starter, and only pick up free agents to fill back-up slots.

For me it's all about building a championship contender thru the draft, so I really hope they got the draft right this year .....
Exactly what I do. No starters in FA or trades, and build through the draft. I think there's a real NFL team who's been pretty successful with that technique, but the name escapes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Joey Porter 94 overall. Are you kidding me!! Porter has really ain't been that good in years. I would say porter should be in the upper 70s at best.
17.5 sacks and 4 FF last year, man he does really suck. WAY past his prime. But really, at his age, no way you could get a 1st round pick for him. Maybe a 2nd, probably a 3rd. That could be a great pressure D in Miami next year with J Taylor back too.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeap and lots of times I stock pile my draft picks. I'll even trade my first round draft pick for more picks and then during the draft I always look for the player comparisons and usually take guys based on that.

I got a 6th round tight end who was compared to Tony G and he was an animal.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
Exactly what I do. No starters in FA or trades, and build through the draft. I think there's a real NFL team who's been pretty successful with that technique, but the name escapes me.

17.5 sacks and 4 FF last year, man he does really suck. WAY past his prime. But really, at his age, no way you could get a 1st round pick for him. Maybe a 2nd, probably a 3rd. That could be a great pressure D in Miami next year with J Taylor back too.
I love to build through the draft and definitely don't trade for starters or pick them up through FA. Because of this I usually end up making moves in franchise that would be considered dumb by nfl standards. Such as trading an elite starter for a 1st and 2nd round pick just so I can get more rookies lol.

And someone said Joey Porter should be in the 70s earlier?!? That person must not watch actual football... And in real life you could probably trade Porter for a 2nd round pick, look what happened with Jay Tay last year (Dan Snyder ). But I could see you being able to trade Porter for a 1st in madden unless they made age as big of a factor as it is in real life
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #32
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown88
I love to build through the draft and definitely don't trade for starters or pick them up through FA. Because of this I usually end up making moves in franchise that would be considered dumb by nfl standards. Such as trading an elite starter for a 1st and 2nd round pick just so I can get more rookies lol.

And someone said Joey Porter should be in the 70s earlier?!? That person must not watch actual football... And in real life you could probably trade Porter for a 2nd round pick, look what happened with Jay Tay last year (Dan Snyder ). But I could see you being able to trade Porter for a 1st in madden unless they made age as big of a factor as it is in real life
Exactly. Unless trade logic factors in age this year then I am almost positive I will be able to get a first round pick for him just because he is a 94.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »