Home

Would a patch for a lighting change after halftime be something you would want?

This is a discussion on Would a patch for a lighting change after halftime be something you would want? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would a patch that changes the lighting after halftime be something you would want?
YES!!!!!! Very much so! Games that have the sun in the sky at 10 PM KILLS the atmosphere 84 86.60%
No I do NOT want this. 13 13.40%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2009, 02:56 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 50
Re: Would a patch for a lighting change after halftime be something you would want?

It would add a little more realism.

Also, I hope that they actually make the temperature count more.

In scorching hot games, the fatigue levels should rise considerably faster because of the dehydration, forcing you to have to create a strategy for your usage of the players. Your not gonna have Randy Moss streaking down the sidelines once every series. And after a 30 yard run, you shouldn't see the running back for three-seven plays.
Players may be fit, but you'll see nearly every position switching because of fatigue besides the Qb and some Linemen (specifically o-line).

Also, in windy games, please have the wind effect the path of the ball. If the wind is blowing towards the Qb (a strong wind of course) and he tries to throw a fade route or a streak, that ball should be underthrown most of the time. This would also happen with other wind directions too.

Snowy games should definately take an effect on the ball. Slightly increased chance of fumbles. Passes slipping through the WR's hands, and many slips on both sides of the ball.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 07-20-2009, 06:54 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Would a patch for a lighting change after halftime be something you would want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Honestly...although i understand how lighting progression helps atmosphere...i can think of a 100 other things that would greatly enhance madden's atmosphere much more..this is why i voted no...
How about you write 5 of them.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:14 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 18

Anything to make the game feel as realistic as possible. Of course.

Lighting, broadcast cams, commentary packages, franchise tickers...
Old 07-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
How about you write 5 of them.
Yeah. Seriously. List them.

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansftw
Yeah. Seriously. List them.
If the game plays like past maddens, just list 5 glitches to start.....seriously, who wouldnt want good gameplay before extra features? I would bet thinking of 5 things more important would be obvious to anyone over 12 years old......that being said lighting would be a great addition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
If the game plays like past maddens, just list 5 glitches to start.....seriously, who wouldnt want good gameplay before extra features? I would bet thinking of 5 things more important would be obvious to anyone over 12 years old......that being said lighting would be a great addition.
I don't really suspect that GAMEPLAY is something you make a patch for. I would imagine that gamplay is far more ingrained into the engine itself.

So, if I am right, got any REALISTIC things you'd rather have patched than the lighting? Things that they'd actually make a patch for?

Old 07-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

The option that I would vote: "I really don't care one way or the other," isn't there. It's a nice touch, but not something that would really effect the game for me in any way. All or nothing polls, ie, "THIS IS A GAME KILLER" or "I DO NOT WANT THIS" fail.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
The option that I would vote: "I really don't care one way or the other," isn't there. It's a nice touch, but not something that would really effect the game for me in any way. All or nothing polls, ie, "THIS IS A GAME KILLER" or "I DO NOT WANT THIS" fail.
Actually, the option "I really don't care one way or the other" IS there. It's just a little bit subtle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »