Home

Situation and Position Awareness. Is it in madden 10?

This is a discussion on Situation and Position Awareness. Is it in madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: Situation and Position Awareness. Is it in madden 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theironlung82
ure second 2k8 vid is horrible, why is the corner releasing when the safety isnt overtop? wasnt a de also dropped into the flats? that should allow safety to stay w/WR! THAT'S BAD SITUATIONAL WARENESS! PEOPLE PLEASE STOP MAKIN MADDEN DIS VIDS! MADDEN09 SUX-ILL ADMIT-BUT EVERY 2K SERIES VID SHOWN HAS SERIOUS FLAWS TOO! STOP THE HATE-AND STOP POSTING VIDS TO SHOW HOW GOOD SOMETHING IN 2K IS-THEY HAVE SIMILIAR FLAWS -I COULD MAKE HATE VIDS OF YOUR 2K8 VIDS!
Then by all means please make them. Show me how 2k8 has worse gameplay issues than Madden. I will gladly accept them as response's to my video.

In APF coverage breakdowns and missed assignments happen. That was the case here, the safety was out to cover a slot WR. The DB decided to gamble and play inside leverage.

Its got nothing do to with a flaw in the game. The safety was never lined up over that WR to start with.

Its knowing how to read a defense and make adjustments. The safety just cant turn on a dime and run full speed across the field because a guy got open.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:11 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

1st of all, i have a life and dont have time to constantly make hate vids, like some do. U Made the 2k8 vid, and im more than happy to dissect, a DE was in the flat, negating the CB's responsibility to cover flat, esp with no safety over top, you cant release WR-BUT THE GAME TOLD HIM TO CAUSE2K8 SITUATIONAL AWARENESS AS BAD AS MADDENS-unrealistic, ugly play, if 2K8 AI is so great, that would not have happened, MY POINT2k8 FLAWED-MADDEN09 FLAWED-2K5 FLAWED-MADDEN 10 will have flaws, USING 2K series vids showing bad gameplay as well mutes your point-PUT DOWN THE CAMERA AND PICK UP THE STIX-
Old 07-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
Yes. These are great videos. A few things I noticed:
- He didn't bash EA to death
- Didn't bring up last gen Maddens as representations of football
- Talked intelligently
- And even though his video was long he didn't re-iterate the same points over and over again.
- Didn't talk about the NFL exclusive license to EA. Yeah, I hated it when it happened but you need to get over it because I think that clouds your judgment.

Very well put together video and presentation. You used to do this but now I just think your EA bashing and we don't need that.
EA needs to get bash to death for making games that are "So Called Simulation"
Ryan and Apex have their own style for showing their frustrations.
Therefore, You dont like how Apex expressed his opinion in anyway...dont watch anymore of his videos. That would be most intelligently thing to do..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
Yes. These are great videos. A few things I noticed:
- He didn't bash EA to death
- Didn't bring up last gen Maddens as representations of football
- Talked intelligently
- And even though his video was long he didn't re-iterate the same points over and over again.
- Didn't talk about the NFL exclusive license to EA. Yeah, I hated it when it happened but you need to get over it because I think that clouds your judgment.

Very well put together video and presentation. You used to do this but now I just think your EA bashing and we don't need that.
Anyway, What do you mean by "Talked intelligently"?
You dont like the way Apex talks? Is he too Ghetto for you??
Old 07-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
1st of all, i have a life and dont have time to constantly make hate vids, like some do. U Made the 2k8 vid, and im more than happy to dissect, a DE was in the flat, negating the CB's responsibility to cover flat, esp with no safety over top, you cant release WR-BUT THE GAME TOLD HIM TO CAUSE2K8 SITUATIONAL AWARENESS AS BAD AS MADDENS-unrealistic, ugly play, if 2K8 AI is so great, that would not have happened, MY POINT2k8 FLAWED-MADDEN09 FLAWED-2K5 FLAWED-MADDEN 10 will have flaws, USING 2K series vids showing bad gameplay as well mutes your point-PUT DOWN THE CAMERA AND PICK UP THE STIX-
You really have to be kidding, right. Everyone blows a coverage every now and then. Both games do it. But if you think 2k's awareness flaws are anywhere near the level of Madden's then there's nothing more that needs to be said. You have your mind made up and no amount of proof is going to change that. Neither game is perfect, but 2K is about as close as you can get to simulating football. And all I'm talking about are the basic football elements.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
I love when people say I have no life because I do this...but they they watched it and are so bothered they "call me out".

Besides the fact your post is a giant run on sentence filled with on again off again caps. You failed to read what I wrote.

I'm not sure you can do this in Madden (correct me if I'm wrong), in 2k8 a DB can alter his stance to alter his coverage, not just press or play further off. The DB turned to show protection of an inside route, and I did the opposite. Had I not changed the route from a curl, it would have been the prefect defensive call.

The defender took into account the short outside field, and gambled on it being inside route. It took all my WR could do to catch the ball on the outside. Its not a game glitch , error or flaw. Stop trying to make it out to be more than it is.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 07-21-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFiasco87
has this issue been explained by the devs at all?
it shouldnt have to be mentioned i mean its pretty glaring, also im assuming this footage is from the devs playing a game anyway.

its not some random glitch that is basic line play, on a screen the OL go to the next leve and find someone to hit. there is no reason whatssoever for a OL to turn 180 degrees and run AWAY from the ball carrier

its funny cause thats one of the scouting comments during the game.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Short answer to the thread title: No. Just watch #77 in this next video. Pulls out wide to lead block on a screen pass, turns around and runs the complete opposite direction, HB is then hammered by two defenders because he had no blocker. Ugly.

Ouch, that was f'ugly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »