Home

gamespeed...check this out

This is a discussion on gamespeed...check this out within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #25
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: gamespeed...check this out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman136
Also in the last video he slowed down at the end and it still took him the same amount of time. Plus, I posted about timing the forty's for each of the videos and the Madden one is way slower. In the Madden video, I timed it when he ran from his own 40 to the opponents 20 which he was sprinting straight the whole time. You can try what I did for yourself also if you want.
Again, all you have to do is look at the time on the video. I did not look at it again to see the amount of time it took to get from his 40 to the opponent's 20 in the Madden vid, but even if it is slower, don't forget that he was running for about 40-55yds (including laterally) just to get to the 40. Fatigue might be a factor. If you can believe that Tiburon has dotted every "I" and crossed every "T". Which I don't lol, but hey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #26
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbruh
if you READ my post i did NOT say time the run from handoff or begining, i said time it so its like a 40 YARD DASH, correction, so next time read a little more careful
No reason to get bent out of shape. I wasn't doing it to show you up and I thought that I said it as respectfully as possible. But if you want to nitpick, the time that you gave to watch the vid is from 1:20 to 1:29. At 1:20 is when he gets the handoff so that is what I was basing it on, but again, like I said before it isn't a big deal, and I didn't mean it to show you up.

Having said that though, what do you think of him going 65yds in 8secs in the highlight as opposed to 95yds (not straight either) in 12secs?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EarA0Ejo60E
look at the video from 4:50 to 5:05

now check out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am7JQ5P0Es8
look at the video from 1:20 to 1:28 or
1:40 to 1:48 or
2:56 to 3:03 (where he runs at an angle and slows completely down)

If you time(not exact just approx) the amount of time it takes CJ to get from his opponents 40 to the endzone(like a 40 yard dash) you'll see a HUGE timing discrepency, the gamespeed is WAY off to the real life game, i know EA has deliberately lowered the gamespeed, however, for those who constantly ask for a "sim" game, when madden drops if i hear you saying that madden has remotely came closer to a sim game, your contradicting yourself, because theres no way you can call a football game "sim" if the gamespeed is not SIMULATED correctly
YOUR JUDGING MADDEN SPEED VS ONE OF THE FASTEST NFL PLAYERS WITH A STRAIGHT SHOT OPEN RUN TO THE ENDZONE?????? HOW OFTEN DOES THIS HAPPEN??? IT WOULD SUCK IF MADDEN MADE THAT THE AVERAGE SPEED.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
No reason to get bent out of shape. I wasn't doing it to show you up and I thought that I said it as respectfully as possible. But if you want to nitpick, the time that you gave to watch the vid is from 1:20 to 1:29. At 1:20 is when he gets the handoff so that is what I was basing it on, but again, like I said before it isn't a big deal, and I didn't mean it to show you up.

Having said that though, what do you think of him going 65yds in 8secs in the highlight as opposed to 95yds (not straight either) in 12secs?
true and my fault if i came off as getting at you, but my opinion on that is still that the gamespeed is real slushy, CJ was running the same speed the entire kickoff, you see not just CJ but every player running in slow poke mode, im not even really trying to bash EA its just that i keep hearing alot of crap about a "sim" game and i hear alot of ppl saying that this year is the year for a true or at least close to "sim" football game, but im like how can that be when one of the most crucial components in making a "sim" game(gamespeed) isnt even remotely close to resembling what we see on sundays(IMO), bec
Old 07-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
YOUR JUDGING MADDEN SPEED VS ONE OF THE FASTEST NFL PLAYERS WITH A STRAIGHT SHOT OPEN RUN TO THE ENDZONE?????? HOW OFTEN DOES THIS HAPPEN??? IT WOULD SUCK IF MADDEN MADE THAT THE AVERAGE SPEED.
Oh great, a caps freak who uses multiple ?????s to make his point. Do you see that? That's thoughtful dialogue on this thread being flushed down the toilet.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
LOL, come on dude, im not saying make CJ's speed the AVERAGE speed, im meerly showing an example of how the speed is slow, w CJ being the fastest player in the game i just used him for an example, but you can look at ALL players who are running in the open field in madden 10 and compare that to their real life vids and u'll see the same type of discrepency, so im not judging madden speed based off of CJ, i just used him as an example, look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DyYNrIVJDw and look at LJ's run from 4:50 to 5:whatever, it takes him almost 7 seconds from his opps 40 to endzone? WTF?? NO rb and i mean NO rb in the nfl runs that slow
Old 07-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 26

That's better...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
LOL, come on dude, im not saying make CJ's speed the AVERAGE speed, im meerly showing an example of how the speed is slow, w CJ being the fastest player in the game i just used him for an example, but you can look at ALL players who are running in the open field in madden 10 and compare that to their real life vids and u'll see the same type of discrepency, so im not judging madden speed based off of CJ, i just used him as an example, look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DyYNrIVJDw and look at LJ's run from 4:50 to 5:whatever, it takes him almost 7 seconds from his opps 40 to endzone? WTF?? NO rb and i mean NO rb in the nfl runs that slow

If Madden had a slower take off speed and slowed for cuts and moves and restart running, etc... Id say the game speed could be left fast. As it is, it seams like everyone always runs full speed, so slowing it down until they fix this is a must. This is one of the things that has ruined Maden gameplay for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »