Home

Clearing up Gamestop online Demo confusion

This is a discussion on Clearing up Gamestop online Demo confusion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Clearing up Gamestop online Demo confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
This thread is to clear up the confusion some of you are experiencing with the codes from Gamestop. If they haven't sent you an e-mail regarding incorrect instructions; proceed to read down below. The codes you were sent with the incorrect instructions still works with the Madden demo. They're only correcting instructions on how to download the demo.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Madden NFL 10 from GameStop / EB Games. It has come to our attention that a previously sent email contained incorrect instructions for downloading the Madden NFL 10 Demo. Please disregard those instructions and follow the correct instructions listed below.

The GameStop exclusive demo with four 5-minute quarters, featuring a Super Bowl rematch between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals, is scheduled to go live on Thursday, July 23 by 9pm EST.

Please do not try to download the demo before 9:00 pm on Thursday July 23. Doing so will result in an error message and could possibly deactivate your demo code. Anytime after 9:00 pm on Thursday July 23 you may follow the instructions below to download your Madden NFL 10 Demo.

1. Sign in to Xbox LIVE® account from the Xbox Dashboard, and then select the Marketplace blade.
2. Select “Redeem Code”
3. Use your controller and the on-screen keyboard to enter your key code, then select “Done”
4. Your playable demo will download to your Xbox 360® Hard Drive!

Your unique voucher code is XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Thank you,
GameStop Customer Service
They should've put that information on the card. The people at Gamestop have no clue to when the demo goes live. In fact, I've heard them tell people "If the code doesn't work, keep trying daily until it does". Stupid ish like that. If the code was deactivated because they were input early, there's gonna be a ton of commotion at all the Gamestops. It's a dumb move IMO. Just realease the demo to the MS Live Gold accounts like normal. Preordering the game doesn't lock you into buying it. Even if it did, you could just return the game un-opened for a refund if you didn't like the demo.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
I got the same confirmation e-mail.

What's wierd is that they've now sent me 3 different codes in 3 different e-mails.
I got 3 emails as well, but the code is the same in all 3 of them.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

Well, it's confirmed in another thread that Xbox Live Gold Members will get the Cowboys/Giants demo on the 23rd. If my code works for the Pitt/Ari demo, I'll be able to see if there's a difference in atmosphere. I hope the servers are ready to go. I hope it doesn't take 2 years to download.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

oh oh! The guy at gamestop told me that the demo was out already when I picked up the code. I tried the code twice and it said error. What do I do if the code does not work Thursday?
Old 07-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinofan
oh oh! The guy at gamestop told me that the demo was out already when I picked up the code. I tried the code twice and it said error. What do I do if the code does not work Thursday?
sucks for you lol. You better pray yours still works. Your gamestop guy is an idiot lol.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #14
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well i got my code reay for this thursday. I can't wait.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #15
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

it says BY 9pm, but should we assume it will go live at like 6 am eastern like everything else when live updates???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #16
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
This thread is to clear up the confusion some of you are experiencing with the codes from Gamestop. If they haven't sent you an e-mail regarding incorrect instructions; proceed to read down below. The codes you were sent with the incorrect instructions still works with the Madden demo. They're only correcting instructions on how to download the demo.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Madden NFL 10 from GameStop / EB Games. It has come to our attention that a previously sent email contained incorrect instructions for downloading the Madden NFL 10 Demo. Please disregard those instructions and follow the correct instructions listed below.

The GameStop exclusive demo with four 5-minute quarters, featuring a Super Bowl rematch between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals, is scheduled to go live on Thursday, July 23 by 9pm EST.

Please do not try to download the demo before 9:00 pm on Thursday July 23. Doing so will result in an error message and could possibly deactivate your demo code. Anytime after 9:00 pm on Thursday July 23 you may follow the instructions below to download your Madden NFL 10 Demo.

1. Sign in to Xbox LIVE® account from the Xbox Dashboard, and then select the Marketplace blade.
2. Select “Redeem Code”
3. Use your controller and the on-screen keyboard to enter your key code, then select “Done”
4. Your playable demo will download to your Xbox 360® Hard Drive!

Your unique voucher code is XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Thank you,
GameStop Customer Service
I wonder if this code will work?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »