Home

Should Madden Bring back Fair Play?

This is a discussion on Should Madden Bring back Fair Play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should Madden Bring Back Fair Play? (Online)
Yes, They should and they should make is mandatory. 58 56.86%
No 11 10.78%
Yes and it should be optional 30 29.41%
I dont Care, let them Cheese. 3 2.94%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 36
Re: Should Madden Bring back Fair Play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
Yea you are comparing a blatent glitch to a fixed fb dive and a fixed qb sneek............

YOU GUYS HAVE SEEN THE VIDEOS AND HEARED IT STRAIGHT FROM IAN........

the qb sneek is made so that if there is a 3dlineman defense that the qb will run.....If there is a 4 dline defense the QB will do a weak as$ dive...If you cant stop that you shouldnt be playing anyway...Becuz you clearly dont know football

And now to the FB dive....... He slowed down the animation...So now (im assuming) its more like a HB dive.....Just pack the Defense in and what do you know.....You stopped both the FB dive and the Qb sneek.....

And add on top of everything we have adaptive AI.........
seen videos and heard it form ian means nothing. ive played Ncaa, its still very exploitable. And where the hell did i compare the wr snap glitch to a fb or qb dive anywhere. you heard going for fourth down and thought of your own cheese or something. prior to this post plz tell me where i said that.

the wr snap glitch was reference to the " if you dont like it stop it" comments.

you obv. cant read very well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #42
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Titan
Oh , now im not good enough. I didnt say they get the first down. It's just annoying to play defense another play, when you shouldnt have to. I want a sim. I guess im alone on that.
No you're not alone. I want sim too. That's why I'll probably avoid online unless I'm playin against friends.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 6

Ok this is my last post in this thread, cause im tired of the debate.....I would shoot myself if I was Ian. I couldnt come on this "sim" site and try to make a game for you guys....Every other thread contradicts the last one.....

you guys say you want the CHESS MATCH but you dont

the chess match envolves
-will this cover 3 work vs his play
-is this formation stron enough to stop the run
- If I throw and it is an incompletion how will that affect the time left on the clock at the end of the game
-Im going to run on 1st and 2nd down to get them thinking run then im going to pass on 3rd
-Im going to throw short the first 3 quarters and throw a bomb in the 4th to get him by surprise

- I have the ball, I am up 10-7, I have the ball on there 25 yard line, its 2:30 left in the 4th q.......Its 4th down, do I kick a fg or go for it.......

If I kick the FG now there will be 2:26 left on the clock and they have all 3 time outs and I will be up 6

If I go for it and dont get it I am still up by 3 with 2:26 on the clock

If I go for it and get it I have 4 more downs to use the clock and make him use all 3 time outs and I can still kick the FG for me to go up by 6....An he has 1:20 to score a TD with no time outs....

Thats the chess match I want. I dont know bout u guys
Old 07-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 36

dude fair play was intelligent if there was a reason you needed to go for it (especially in the 4th) it let you. It only restricted you from being a douche bag to your opponent.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
F them....Keep playing online, you will never see those guys again in your life so who cares what they think.....They prob just mad becuz u whooped dat a$$...lol
I sense that your a "cheeser". What I hate is that when your beating the snot out of a cheeser online he'll quit and I have to play the computer for the next 2 1/2 - 3 QTRS to get the win. I like fairplay "sort of". If its late in the 3rd and Im down big Im going to play more risky then I would otherwise and fairplay wouldnt allow me to do that. Im not very familiar with fairplay so correct me if Im wrong but it doesnt allow any 4th down conversions in the first 3 qtrs regardless? So say its the 2nd qtr, 4th and 1 on my own 45 I cant go for it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #46
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Yes!!! It's a crying shame they took it out for 360/PS3 versions. I understand that they don't want to port things over but, for people that only play online/vs games this is a must. They must bring this back.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 07-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #47
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
No. Before anyone calls me a cheeser, I don't play online.

It interests me that people who say they want the game as realistic as possible are in favour of unrealistic restrictions.

There will always be cheesers, even if there is fair play there will always be people who run the same play over and over or other things.

Also, how do you define what constitutes "Fair Play"? Is going for it on 4th and goal at the 1 cheese? Is a surprise onside kick to start the game or the second half cheese (Colts and Pats do it sometimes in real life)? Are fake punts on 4th and 1 at the the 38 cheese?

You see where I'm going. If things like being able to go for it on 4th down bother you that much then only play people who you know will abide by your "sim" rules.
If you don't play online then you have nothing to say on the matter. Move along.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #48
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

[quote=TheFiasco87;2039879730]What I hate is that when your beating the snot out of a cheeser online he'll quit and I have to play the computer for the next 2 1/2 - 3 QTRS to get the win. quote]

I totally agree with this. I was playing NCAA last night and I went up 21-0 in the begining of the 2nd qtr and he quit. Then I had to play the CPU just to get the win. So silly that you have to do this. If I wanted to play the cpu I wouldn't play online.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »