Home

Can someone explain some of the defensive formation sto me

This is a discussion on Can someone explain some of the defensive formation sto me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Can someone explain some of the defensive formation sto me

3-4 stack looks like a 4-3 defense. thats the formation i ran out of in the demo since im not a fan of 3-4. I dont know much about formations and such but i just figured the different types would be disguises. So you could run a 3-4 stack and the offense would think your in a 4-3 but really you have an extra LB on the field.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Way
Skins will probably be a 3-4 team on the game this year.. With Haynesworth clogging up the middle and Orkapo being used as a hybrid player. Unless of course they have a 4-3 equivalent of the 3-4predator that lets Orakpo line up as an LB
I was under the impression that Orakpo was learning SLB.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:16 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
I know I like playing 4-3 better because in 3-4 when you play '2 man' the MLB is always playing in a zone, which only rushes 3, which sucks in my eyes ... I think I want more people rushing, and that one LB not doing anything really gets on my nerves ... I do pick 3-4 sometimes when I'm playing a fast quarterback because then a LB can track the QB instead a Lineman ...

Basically 3-4 is good when your LBer's maybe have good finesse or power moves, they are like faster linemen .. they different formations of the play book, make no difference really, especially in video games, as far as I can see ...

There is one formation in 3-4 .. (I'm not sure which one right now, and too lazy to look) ... Where they kinda play 3-4 the way I like where all the time a LB blitzes and somewhat resembles a 4-3 defense .. So I pick it sometimes just because like I said .. The less rushers the more likely there will be no pressure
The formations you are refering to are 3-4 stack and predator.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »