Home

Camera Phone Addicts: Stop Diluting the Market

This is a discussion on Camera Phone Addicts: Stop Diluting the Market within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 05:45 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Camera Phone Addicts: Stop Diluting the Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Just calling a spade a spade. You lock a thread the guy made about videos. Then you don't lock the thread with the guy complaining about it.
Yeah, but this thread is relevant. This is NOT a free country and people need to know they can't just take videos and post them! Plus the OP is looking to get Ian's attention and is wanting to get hired by Tiburon, and is worried about all the competition now. Have some sympathy for him.

Last edited by baa7; 07-24-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 05:48 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Why is everything around here slanted on getting attention and glory all of a sudden?

Its a joke. Its dry humor. Not meaning to offend anybody. If we cant laugh at this stuff, what can we laugh at?
I'm just saying some people call out the mods because they think they're speaking out on behalf of the oppressed masses. When all they're really doing is booking their ticket for a vacation from OS. Go ahead and do what you need to do.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:09 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

For the record, as it pertains to the TOS, it's perfectly okay to post a YouTube video of your own personal commentary about any game, positive or negative, as long as the video itself is within the guidelines of the TOS.

With that said, we've never allowed one guy to post his very own impressions thread in text form when we have a general impressions thread stickied at the top of the forums. Why should a guy with a video be any different?

I'll leave this thread open for now if anyone else has any questions about the way we've been moderating this forum. Normally we wouldn't do something like this but I'm willing to let it slide if you guys can be mature about it.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:09 AM   #28
Rookie

Senor Nascar's Arena

OVR: 3

I am sorry some of you hate watching the videos, as for me I am absolutely entertained and agree with most of what RMOODY21 and Apex have to say. I don't know about all the other guys making videos but it is their right as well.

I personally have played Madden since 1992 and started playing APF 2k8 just a couple of weeks ago. Try running the ball in that game and tell me it doesn't feel right...it does. If we can get Madden to that point, believe me that everyone will be very happy.
These videos are made to help us get there.

I say keep making your videos guys until they get it right.

Last edited by Senor Nascar; 07-24-2009 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:14 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Nascar

I say keep making your videos guys until they get it right.
But that's the thing. They will never...NEVER...make everyone happy. GTAIV was the highest selling and most critically acclaimed video game in the last 3 years and even THAT game has YouTube videos with people pissed off about various bugs and glitches.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:16 AM   #30
Rookie

Senor Nascar's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
But that's the thing. They will never...NEVER...make everyone happy. GTAIV was the highest selling and most critically acclaimed video game in the last 3 years and even THAT game has YouTube videos with people pissed off about various bugs and glitches.
I am not saying getting it perfect..that will never happen. Just getting closer to better representation of football. There is nothing wrong with striving for perfection even though it will never be achieved.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:17 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
The problem lies in the fact that videogames aren't made to be played in super-duper-slow-motion... and all these "video guys" show the same glitch over and over again in super-duper-slow-motion whilst waffling on in the background.

Yes, the guys hand will probably go through the guys helmet if you watch the replay in super-duper-slow-motion. The tackle motion capture will probably look ugly when watched in super-duper-slow-motion.

Some of the blocking video issues that i've seen from the demo, i do agree are a serious problem but how frequent are these??? Are they anomalies or a trend?? This is my only concern currently.

*I haven't played the demo yet as i live abroad and can't get the 23 second demo till next week*
First Off No Game is Perfect Never said it was. But why do Next Gen Games have the Most imperfections?

Now What about all the Claims EA made about Gameplay Authenticity?

What about the other Game's I Probed the same way Like NFL 2K5 or even Madden 04, I Played in Super-Duper Slow Motion on a Lesser System at that. Why were the Lesser System Games able to survive more Scrutiny and Express True Football Better?(which is the Goal Right, EA Said thats the Goal)

Why everytime Game Systems go up in Generations so to Speak (like Sega Genesis to Dreamcast to PS1 to PS2) Gameplay and Features get better in Quality Drastically except now?

and Why Can't Some Gamers see this? & where are the Standards we use to have? which Grew with all the Previous Game systems until now, Where are those Standards?

P.S. As far as the Demo goes its Trendy

Last edited by apexbronx; 07-24-2009 at 06:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 06:18 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Nascar
I am not saying getting it perfect..that will never happen. Just getting closer to better representation of football. There is nothing wrong with striving for perfection even though it will never be achieved.
There's nothing wrong with striving for perfection, you're right. And if anyone can honestly say that they don't think EA Tiburon is doing that with Madden, they're simply complaining for the sake of complaining.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »