Home

Will Madden 10 have route based passing? if so it would help greatly

This is a discussion on Will Madden 10 have route based passing? if so it would help greatly within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Will Madden 10 have route based passing? if so it would help greatly

everytime madden gives a new realistic feature, majority of players find it to difficult and chase it out of the game, like the vision cone actually having to look at your receivers before you throw the ball scared the crap out of most players so they bitched it out of the series, so called sim players, yeah right... I dont want to hear it
Old 07-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Clearly you haven't used the qb vision. Vision cone was a good concept, but having to precisely control that cone while looking down field and avoiding sacks was extremely difficult.

But here is a video of a good time route.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CFHJ9stWHE

PS Can we no longer embed youtube videos? I can't figure it out.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #11
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Clearly you haven't used the qb vision. Vision cone was a good concept, but having to precisely control that cone while looking down field and avoiding sacks was extremely difficult.
You didn't have to precisely control it. You could hold the right trigger and double tap the receiver's button to move the cone on him and then throw to him. You could also look off the defense by holding the right trigger and then press Y, A, A. Y to look at the Y receiver, A to look at the A receiver and then A to pass to the A receiver. It was a very realistic and intuitive system once you understood the mechanic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 02:31 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

yeah the vision cone was a sweet feature I think. As for route based passing, this should be one of EA's highest priorities, along with locomotion, man coverage ( been seeing the DB's cover my WR's by getting in front of them and litarally running the route with them like they somehow magically know what route my reciever is running,) and improvements to overall physics
Old 07-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman136
yeah the vision cone was a sweet feature I think. As for route based passing, this should be one of EA's highest priorities, along with locomotion, man coverage ( been seeing the DB's cover my WR's by getting in front of them and litarally running the route with them like they somehow magically know what route my reciever is running,) and improvements to overall physics
Yea, I know what you mean, here is a video I made showing that exact same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/v/aMvr1czMUbY...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">http://www.youtube.com/v/aMvr1czMUbY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMvr1czMUbY

(still can't figure out how to embed video!)
Old 07-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38

But here is a video of a good time route.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CFHJ9stWHE

PS Can we no longer embed youtube videos? I can't figure it out.
Seriously, it wasn't that hard. All you had to do(for PS2) hold the R2 button and press the corresponding passing icon to switch on to the receiver and press the button again to throw the ball. Using the right stick move the icon was difficult, but I never used that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »