Home

Run Blocking

This is a discussion on Run Blocking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Run Blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
What the hell is going on here? I see the blockers doing the same if not worse ridiculous things as last year. I thought this was going to be addressed? I though Ian said they were working on it, and even had a blog about it. I feel lied to at this point.

As a NYG fan, if the running game is broken, then I really can't enjoy the game.
Do you ever think that the running game sucks simply because YOU suck at it ? You just got the demo yesterday.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Do you ever think that the running game sucks simply because YOU suck at it ? You just got the demo yesterday.
No that's not it, he's experiencing the random neglect and all to often sunday stroll and random running in circles when it comes to OL blocking. I didn't make this video, but at the 33 sec mark and the 1:08 mark will give you an idea of what is happening too often.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:23 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
No that's not it, he's experiencing the random neglect and all to often sunday stroll and random running in circles when it comes to OL blocking. I didn't make this video, but at the 33 sec mark and the 1:08 mark will give you an idea of what is happening too often
Wow...that was some awful blocking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #36
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
No that's not it, he's experiencing the random neglect and all to often sunday stroll and random running in circles when it comes to OL blocking. I didn't make this video, but at the 33 sec mark and the 1:08 mark will give you an idea of what is happening too often.

I have to say, there was some discouraging stuff pointed out in this video BB.

I think everyone has that certain "something" that drives them nuts. And mine is seeing DB's purposely moving out of the way to allow a completion. Imo...thats been too common, for far too long. And damn...there it is again. Hopefully it won't be as commonplace as past games.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:17 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
The smartest strategy is to run most of the time because it shortens your yardage on 3rd down. Since the AI is smart in M10, they start to stack the box and force you to throw up which in your case you'll be in good hands as well as the Bears.

CoHouse2814
I used a Nikon D9 camera lol. Recorded off a 46' Samsung came out pretty good. Now that I have HD PVR, I'm going to hook it up to the box and record from there in 1080 quality.
ha yea im in great hands. run a few counters and screens with westbrook (and now Mcoy). they give me an 8 man front and i'll hit jackson/curtis or even maclin on the play action. Madden is gonna be fun this year.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:46 PM   #38
Rookie

lendog691's Arena

OVR: 9

Has Ian said anything about this yet? I know run blocking has been discussed to death on these boards but he had to know there would still be problems with it. Maybe decreasing the speed and acceleration of the dt's would help, as well making the ol's intelligence better? It might be worth a try if it's not fixed with a patch. The def allowing a completion by turning there backs or whatever defiantly needs to be addressed to either through a patch or a work around,something any way.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:51 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 9

i didn't expect anything more. until we get news that Madden is completely trashing their current engine and using or creating a new one from scratch, expect these animation glitches. i don't think these issues can just be 'touched up'. the folks @ Madden are going to have to just totally revamp whatever flawed engine they're using and go all out and work on a new one.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:18 AM   #40
Rookie

Senor Nascar's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree with all of you as far as the run blocking goes. It needs to be right. Lineman, fullbacks, tightends all need to block or at least attempt to engage the proper defensive threats.

Now here is what I have noticed. The Steelers/Cardinals demo is an old build and has the most rampant display of terrible run blocking (this is why most of the videos on youtube all show this demo).

The Giants/Cowboys demo is better in the run blocking department. The build is probably a later one and has fewer run blocking issues although there are still a few.
This is actually a good thing because it tells me they worked on addressing some of the blocking issues from one build to the next. Hopefully the final build will have completely fixed this problem and we can the run the ball without a lineman's bonehead AI determining if it's a success or not.

In reality though this is the only thing missing in my mind from making Madden10 alot of fun. If this gets addressed I am buying on Day one.

P.S. I do not think the developers want to mention that one build is older than another because if you think about it...the pre-order guys are probably going to buy the game already. The people that do not pre-order are the ones they have to convince so I think that demo had to be a better one in their minds. This is only my theory who knows for sure. But I am not sure why the GS demo is so flawed in comparison to the other one. I wouldn't have released that demo in that state if I were them. It might not have been Ian and Co. decision though...maybe the suits above them. Just a thought.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »