Home

Run Blocking

This is a discussion on Run Blocking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:45 AM   #49
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Run Blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
i didn't expect anything more. until we get news that Madden is completely trashing their current engine and using or creating a new one from scratch, expect these animation glitches. i don't think these issues can just be 'touched up'. the folks @ Madden are going to have to just totally revamp whatever flawed engine they're using and go all out and work on a new one.
You realize if they trash the current engine, you won't see M11 next year. They need at least 2 years to work on a new engine which is why Madden was skipped on the first gen year. Not bring up old news but we all know the best engine in football was 2k. I know there are some flaws with 2K but the animation and game play was almost too realistic. You never had run issues in 2k because they had it all figured out. For some reason, madden fails to see that.

However, I still thank Ian for trying really hard. There are a lot of good things about M10 which is worth buying but a bit disappointing the running game is still broken. We're out of the dark ages my friends. The era of Ian has begun. I guess we have to be patient and wait for M11.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #50
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
You realize if they trash the current engine, you won't see M11 next year. They need at least 2 years to work on a new engine which is why Madden was skipped on the first gen year. Not bring up old news but we all know the best engine in football was 2k. I know there are some flaws with 2K but the animation and game play was almost too realistic. You never had run issues in 2k because they had it all figured out. For some reason, madden fails to see that.

However, I still thank Ian for trying really hard. There are a lot of good things about M10 which is worth buying but a bit disappointing the running game is still broken. We're out of the dark ages my friends. The era of Ian has begun. I guess we have to be patient and wait for M11.
Wait, you first admit (rightfully so) that the game is basically broken because of it's engine, then go on to say we'll have to wait till Madden 11?

I'm not upset at Ian, because he's just an employee doing the best he can do with what he's given...but whoever is in charge of keeping the engine needs fired ASAP. Hire a separate team if you have to and build a great, true next gen engine that Ian and co. can turn into greatness.

An artist needs tools, and Ian's hands are tied and empty. We're screwed until we get a new engine.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:53 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

2 years is exactly what i assume too...this is why we may never see a nearly glitchless Madden when it come to these animations unless they decide to put a team aside just to work on another engine while still completing other Madden's year-to-year. it may take a lot of money EA doesn't want to use but i'm sure they actually do have the money to invest in doing something like that. and it would be more than well worth it if done right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 01:55 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:

thats what im waiting for. i knew m10 wouldnt be the game to put 2k8 to rest but if IAN follow in his direction and work on gameplay ONLY IMO for m11(minor touches to presentation), m11 will put 2k8 to rest(if IAN works on gameplay ONLY)

in honestly if i hear anythin other than gameplay improvements majority of the time during the next dev cycle, 2k8 will still be the gameplay/NFL king.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:03 AM   #53
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolutionKMH
thats what im waiting for. i knew m10 wouldnt be the game to put 2k8 to rest but if IAN follow in his direction and work on gameplay ONLY IMO for m11(minor touches to presentation), m11 will put 2k8 to rest(if IAN works on gameplay ONLY)

in honestly if i hear anythin other than gameplay improvements majority of the time during the next dev cycle, 2k8 will still be the gameplay/NFL king.
Without a new engine, it will never put anything to rest. We need a new engine before any of that is possible...period. No one could patch that thing up and make it work right because it's just fundamentally flawed.

So we all have two choices. Either we deal with a broken engine and buy the dang game anyway, or we don't. Either way, Madden's not changing at the core level anytime soon.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:10 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

The stock holders and CEO's don't care about a good game of football. They want your money. We need a company that has passion for the game, not how much can be milked off of a franchise.

I'm sure the developer (Ian's team) is doing everything it can to patch up a flawed engine. EA as a company (the real people in charge) need to care enough to put up the funds to make a real NEXT GEN football experience.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:18 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 6

On all-madden my "cowboys" blockers are getting abused. But the AI on the other side "Giants" are running draws,stretches,counters etc. and are marvelous at picking up my guys, doubling then getting to the next level. So I am confident the logic is in the game, just isn't that good when on all-madden for the user.
NFL Dallas Cowboys:T-New,#31 Roy Williams
MLB Toronto Blue Jays:Carlos Delgado,Rick Ankiel
NHL St.Louis Blues:Keith Tkachuk,T.J. Oshie
NBA GSt. Warriors:Antawn Jamison, Steven Jackson
USA Soccer Oguchi Onyewu
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 02:24 AM   #56
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
On all-madden my "cowboys" blockers are getting abused. But the AI on the other side "Giants" are running draws,stretches,counters etc. and are marvelous at picking up my guys, doubling then getting to the next level. So I am confident the logic is in the game, just isn't that good when on all-madden for the user.
Yeah...and I don't know about you but I aint playing a franchise on rookie lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »