Home

***Madden NFL 10 Demo Impressions Thread Version 2.0***

This is a discussion on ***Madden NFL 10 Demo Impressions Thread Version 2.0*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #41
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: ***Madden NFL 10 Demo Impressions Thread Version 2.0***

I am really enjoying playing the GS demo, it is far from perfect, but I really like what they have done so far, the speed of the game is slow but I am sure this can be adjusted when the final product is shipped.
I am looking forward to playing under coach mode, one area of the game that I decided to use sim mode is punts and punt returns, I still feel that the cpu coverage is still too fast and there is always fair catches, with sim mode for just those situation I can get a little better field position for both me and the cpu opponent.
The pass rush was hard to generate, when I used the steelers, I saw Harrison beat his man and warner would get the pass off, I would like to see this taking care of.
If so Harrison,Ware and Merriman should be sack leaders out of the 3-4 defense.
Overall I am satisfied so far, I decided not to look for every glitch, but just play the game for entertainment value.
I am a madden collector I still have all of the ps2 versions and now am collecting the ps3 versions.
This will be a fun game to play, well it is really the only game with NFL backing.
So now it is on to august 14th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 4

Well I've been to trying to duplicate the two problems I had before with the demo, but fortunately they haven't happened since.

One was on a bullet pass from Warner that went all the way through the body of my receiver on a short hot route slant, and the other was my linebacker not blitzing when he was supposed to blitz, and being distracted by a running back coming out of the backfield.

The occasional player morph or ref morph which I've seen posted on YouTube I can deal with as long as the game plays the way it does, which is very good in the demo even with the things mentioned.

So what if the two things I mentioned both cost me TD's and the game? I'll just keep repeating to myself, "It's only the demo... It's only the demo..."
Old 07-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 1

This game sucks. Nothing like Madden '08
Old 07-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 11

^^^^^LMAOTHATYOUHAVENOTHINGTODOBUTTROLLONASATURDAY
Old 07-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 22

Presentation makes madden a whole new breed of exciting fun playing gridiron,

Yup, definately some issues with in the game i can admit that, mostly in the "AI Logic"..but "most" of them can be fixed with sliders. Couple that with the final tweaking that Ian did "after" the demo should render a nice game of football i must say, my fellow chaps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #46
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMAOTHATSMADDEN10
I haven't played the demo yet, but from what I'm hearing and what I've seen, this game doesn't "suck." Madden 08 was okay and better than Madden 09, but it wasn't perfect by any means. I think Madden 10 will be the best of them IMO.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 07-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMAOTHATSMADDEN10
And I for one am extremely grateful. 08 is currently being used as a coaster.

Now, GTFO.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:05 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

A few more observations:

In All-Madden difficulty, does it seem like the CPU is throwing a lot of blitzes at you? I keep seeing CB blitzes at least once every 3 or 4 plays, its insane.

It seems like the CPU is snapping the ball quicker than it should.

I like how when a facemask penalty is called, if you go back into the instant replay, you can actually see the player grabbing the guy's facemask.

Hopefully this is only because its a demo but, the challenges are boring (in the demo at least), you see the coach throw out the red flag and the ref comes back with the result immediately.

Punts seem to have too little hangtime. Only by a half second or so, a lot of the punts you see during a game, you see the coverage team around the returner within approximately 5 yards of him. In Madden you see them around 7-10 yards. Its a nit-picky thing, but it's sometimes the difference between a 5 yard return and a 25 yard return.

One question though: if A is for the defensive assist, what button do you use to swat a ball while its up in the air?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »