Home

Engine vs Animation

This is a discussion on Engine vs Animation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 05:31 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 22
Re: Engine vs Animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle ruckus
plz dont say that...its sad to say im still looking forward to this game...but not as much though, apex and other guys have killed it down.
False hope is a dangerous thing.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:12 AM   #18
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle ruckus
plz dont say that...its sad to say im still looking forward to this game...but not as much though, apex and other guys have killed it down.
All they have done is exposed some glitches in a demo that is not the final build. I wouldn't be to concerned. The NCAA 10 demo had issues as well and the final game plays much better, even before the patch.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:04 AM   #19
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolutionKMH
madden 10 doesnt wow me. i dont know what yall so excited about really but if this is your cup of tea, drink it all up

played this weak demo yet again and i threw a beautiful streak route for a TD, if not i would have been at the one yard line. i have said passing in this is good in the sense but anyways my player caught then drop because the DB went for the pick with both up and in mid-air GRAB MY HEAD and BULLDOG ME DOWN.
That's the thing though, Madden doesn't wow me at all when playing it. I really wish it did though. The graphics and crowd sounds are great, but I'm talking gameplay and animations. I'm being 100% serious here, the gameplay makes my head hurt after playing it. I had some fun for the first game and then I started to notice a lot of major what the heck moments. After 2 years of playing APF, there are still many moments where I'm wowed at the gameplay. Yes, there are flaws in the game but, overall, it's just a stellar playing football game. And I felt that with the AFP demo. I just haven't felt that yet with Madden 2010. Hopefully, Tiburon does a complete 180 in the gameplay area with the full release because I'm seriously considering getting a refund on my Madden 2010 reserve.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #20
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathlete_201
That's the thing though, Madden doesn't wow me at all when playing it. I really wish it did though. The graphics and crowd sounds are great, but I'm talking gameplay and animations. I'm being 100% serious here, the gameplay makes my head hurt after playing it. I had some fun for the first game and then I started to notice a lot of major what the heck moments. After 2 years of playing APF, there are still many moments where I'm wowed at the gameplay. Yes, there are flaws in the game but, overall, it's just a stellar playing football game. And I felt that with the AFP demo. I just haven't felt that yet with Madden 2010. Hopefully, Tiburon does a complete 180 in the gameplay area with the full release because I'm seriously considering getting a refund on my Madden 2010 reserve.
Madden sure wowed hunreds of people in the demo's impression.

Reviews have been overwhelmingly positive.

And I don't know why you decided to mention APF.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:17 AM   #21
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Madden sure wowed hunreds of people in the demo's impression.

Reviews have been overwhelmingly positive.

And I don't know why you decided to mention APF.
I mentioned it because it still gives me that wow factor and I was commenting on the previous poster who said he wasn't wowed. I'm sorry if I offended you by mentioning APF.

That's great that there are hundreds that are wowed in the demo's impressions. I'm happy for them. Hopefully after trying the full release of Madden 2010, I'll be one of them..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 08:22 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathlete_201
I mentioned it because it still gives me that wow factor and I was commenting on the previous poster who said he wasn't wowed. I'm sorry if I offended you by mentioning APF.

That's great that there are hundreds that are wowed in the demo's impressions. I'm happy for them. Hopefully after trying the full release of Madden 2010, I'll be one of them..
I hope so to.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Thats some people's main goal..to kill off the excitement of the improvements that have been made over this 1 year and it completely ruin's the fun for others that just want to really have fun playing a videogame but get suckered into believing the heavy interrogation going on by Rmoody and others... i explained this to a T in another thread..

Some people want a perfect game of football with perfect logic..until they see a game produce this..they will be riding the bashing lane until the end of time...sad but true story

PS Example of one forumer...have you ever seen Rmoody say "anything" positive for the improvements made this year? Nope...what does that tell you? Its as if since they are not content and wont be having any fun this year....they bend over backwards to make sure your not content and they make sure you wont have fun neither...luckly its easy to spot these types, atleast for me it is..its easy to shrug off if you can understand what im saying...
This is the 3rd time you have insinuated things and then made false statements about me in your posts. I don't know what your deal is with me, but its seriously getting old.

I did in fact say positive things about M10, I suppose you didn't watch that video. I'm not sure where you come across giving others agendas, nothing says agenda like fact manipulation to fit ones needs. Regardless, Id ask that you do some research before saying anything else that's not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardownchitown
That video is not a very fair example because it's obvious that he's taking control of adrian wilson there and that's why he turns around like that
As far as me controlling that DB. I want somebody to make a "video response" where you duplicate that reaction from any player. For example, if that was a manufactured motion from the controller, you should be able to replicate it yourself.

The user input from the controller to the game is not instant. The 1-2 seconds max (watch in real time) I have control of the player Madden assigned me, doesn't give me much time at all to hit buttons to get a desired effect.

If you really think that's the case your saying I was able to anticipate every move the game would make, in preparation to hit a specific button combination at precisely the right time in 1-2 second window. All to make a video to prove something that I know would never be replicated. Not to mention Im not sure it would be possible to have that type of in depth player reaction knowledge less than 24 hours after a demo is released.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 07-27-2009 at 06:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »