Home

Engine vs Animation

This is a discussion on Engine vs Animation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Engine vs Animation

is this problem coused here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIC0y...e=channel_page by animation or by the engine... or is the engine part of the animation or does the animation drive the engine im all confused here.

Last edited by uncle ruckus1; 07-26-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Engine vs Animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle ruckus
is this problem coused here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIC0y...e=channel_page by animation or the engine... or is the engine part of the animation or does the animation drive the engine im confused here.
its the engine. the programming and A.I. logic is flawed its nothing wrong with the animation but its the system that govern it

like ryan moody said many times. THE MADDEN SLOT MACHINE is in full effect
Old 07-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

I might get some sort of lashback for saying this but, the only way we are going to get sim football, when VC take the production of madden. Im hopeing they would at least get ncaa in the future..
Old 07-26-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
its the engine. the programming and A.I. logic is flawed its nothing wrong with the animation but its the system that govern it

all this can be fixed if they give the player some kind of awareness or counter animation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIC0y...e=channel_page @ 1:44 if u give him 3 or four ways he could react (counter animation) to the over the back catch instead of him just doing a 360 and falling at the WR feet would help the situation

Last edited by uncle ruckus1; 07-26-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

all i can say is wow!. good video
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

That video is not a very fair example because it's obvious that he's taking control of adrian wilson there and that's why he turns around like that. It's still an animation problem though because he shouldn't be turning in a 360 like that regardless of whether he's controlled by a player or not. But to suggest that this is an AI problem is disingenuous.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814

This "madden slot machine" is just awful and has become my biggest problem with madden. There is no way physics will ever work in this system. These capped animations (not sure if thats the right word for it) seem to just randomly happen with no regard to the situation and positioning of the game. It absolutely DRIVES ME CRAZY!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown88
This "madden slot machine" is just awful and has become my biggest problem with madden. There is no way physics will ever work in this system. These capped animations (not sure if thats the right word for it) seem to just randomly happen with no regard to the situation and positioning of the game. It absolutely DRIVES ME CRAZY!
well the 2k engine uses canned(thats the word) animations but its physics based animation system especially in 2k5 and all pro 2k8.

its how its handle and the logic that drives. madden system is flawed and need to undercover rather than turtle waxing the helmets and placing hand towels(they cool too but under the hood need work)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »