Home

Do You Guys Think We Will Ever Get a Sim Football Game

This is a discussion on Do You Guys Think We Will Ever Get a Sim Football Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Do You Guys Think We Will Ever Get a Sim Football Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
Opinions vary, but you're no doubt in the minority.
good, since in this case the minority is right.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
I'm not talking about how it looks, im talking about how it plays. That fact play calling means nothing in madden makes it the mario kart of football games imo.

If you want unrealistic gameplay fine, but I don't.
I'm not talking about how it looks either.

As for play-calling, you're basically winning my argument for me. I don't know anyone who has come to the conclusion that play-calling "means nothing", and even if it does, I fail to see how that turns it into a "Mario Kart", a game which is based entirely in fantasy. I guess we might as well have Luigi in the backfield at this point.

See what I mean?

I don't think you guys understand the medium we are discussing here. Video. Games. Video games. Like Pac-Man and stuff. Relax and have fun.

Last edited by Dean3790; 07-26-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
I'm not talking about how it looks either.

As for play-calling, you're basically winning my argument for me. I don't know anyone who has come to the conclusion that play-calling "means nothing", and even if it does, I fail to see how that turns it into a "Mario Kart", a game which is based entirely in fantasy. I guess we might as well have Luigi in the backfield at this point.

See what I mean?
Because football is nothing more than who calls the best plays. Yes talent on the field helps, but at the end of the day playcalling is football. I came out in 4-6 cover 3 95% of the time in madden 09 and crushed people. That tells me just how broken the game is. And on offense just hand it off to mcfadden and run straight. He breaks tackles just cause in 09. If that fails run a WR screen. Horrible horrible game.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Those analogies fail in comparison to Madden, which is VERY close to real-life NFL action.

Listen, people nitpick and complain over every single little nuance and then claim the game isn't "sim" enough. Play a real simulator then...what can you expect from a developer who has to develop an entire video game appealing not only to nitpickers who complain about every little microscopic flaw but 9-year-old kids who watch football once in a while? You "sim" gamers are the minority and why would a company create a game that appeals to the minority? Give it up already.
Madden is marketed as a simulation so therefore it should play like the real thing not like NFL Tour.

Last edited by Phixius; 07-26-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 8

i see some people really dont know what simulation is? let me correct some people. simulation in terms of football is the interaction with the 22 players on the field. THATS IT and how it relates to the 22 players that fight every sunday in real life.

how do DB guard WR in regard to footplanting, technique. how do qb release a long ball? how do DE close out gaps and etc....

lol playbooks mean nothing in determining a simulation game. you need them for surely but sim is all about the interaction of the 22 players on the field and also use physics, weight and momentum to accomplish it.

2k8 does what i say the best
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't see them marketing anything more than a football video game.

I mean, most people don't see it as any more than that. Good example:

I was watching UFC 100 with friends. One is into MMA, one isn't really but plays UFC 2009 Undisputed. Someone was in open guard and my friend who plays the game said "oh he's gonna slam him like the game". My other friend said "no, that's a video game. They don't do that in real life". Accept the fact that we are discussing video games, not virtual reality or something.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
I don't see them marketing anything more than a football video game.

I mean, most people don't see it as any more than that. Good example:

I was watching UFC 100 with friends. One is into MMA, one isn't really but plays UFC 2009 Undisputed. Someone was in open guard and my friend who plays the game said "oh he's gonna slam him like the game". My other friend said "no, that's a video game. They don't do that in real life". Accept the fact that we are discussing video games, not virtual reality or something.
No. Videogames can be great sims. And until I get a great football sim I won't be just accepting anything.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
i see some people really dont know what simulation is? let me correct some people. simulation in terms of football is the interaction with the 22 players on the field. THATS IT and how it relates to the 22 players that fight every sunday in real life.

how do DB guard WR in regard to footplanting, technique. how do qb release a long ball? how do DE close out gaps and etc....

lol playbooks mean nothing in determining a simulation game. you need them for surely but sim is all about the interaction of the 22 players on the field and also use physics, weight and momentum to accomplish it.

2k8 does what i say the best
how about coverage AI, CPU QB AI, differenciating ratings that work/make players unique, sliders that work and allow you to tailor the game to you, good/deep/unqiue playbooks. Thats ALSO what SIM is

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »