Home

I know its a demo, but whats the point of Pro-Tak

This is a discussion on I know its a demo, but whats the point of Pro-Tak within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: I know its a demo, but whats the point of Pro-Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeacard
ea could just release madden 09 with a roster update and it would murder backbreaker in sales. the conspiracy theories are stupid and are really disrespectful to the guys who work their asses off to make this game better.
Isn't it also disrespectful to the backbreaker devs, who I'm guessing also work their asses off?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture94
This is why Madden needs the Euphoria engine. And it needs it badly.
i read an article today and learn that they are trying to sell the euphoria engine. if ea conbine the euphoria engine and theirs insane graphic then madden 11 will be the greatest madden game.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaints26
Isn't pro-tak also associated with the new DL-OL interaction and how the pocket is formed?
To answer your question yes it is also apart of D-Line/O-Line interaction...To thos who thought Pro-Tak meant you could just gang tackle players at will you're sadly mistaken...

Per the Dev Team (I don't feel like looking for the article) Pro-Tak was originally introduced to add more diversity to the gang tackling outside of the two man gang tackle thats been in since last gen 05 version. Its for 3-9 mine gang tackles /scrums. In other words if your teammate is one on one you may not trigger a Pro-Tak sequence b/c it kicks in when its 3-9 players involved. I've seen several different tackling sequence variations and for this beeing the first time its been implemented I think it serves its purpose.

Secondly what the Pro-Tak software allowed them to do was instead of a sequence triggering one predetermined animation, the user can "steer" animations this more or less refers to using the right stick on the D-Line to trigger moves swim/rip/bull rush etc. It also allows ball carriers an opportunity to escape those same gang tackles Pro-Tak creates.I hope this help to set things in perspectivem because it is not a worthless or pointless feature its helping take the game to the next level. This is coming from a 2K fan fyi.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #92
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
Per the Dev Team (I don't feel like looking for the article) Pro-Tak was originally introduced to add more diversity to the gang tackling outside of the two man gang tackle thats been in since last gen 05 version. Its for 3-9 mine gang tackles /scrums. In other words if your teammate is one on one you may not trigger a Pro-Tak sequence b/c it kicks in when its 3-9 players involved. I've seen several different tackling sequence variations and for this beeing the first time its been implemented I think it serves its purpose.
How it should work in future (assuming it doesn't now) is that any tackle animation can be added on to.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
How it should work in future (assuming it doesn't now) is that any tackle animation can be added on to.
I think in the future they can use it better on pass blocking and with defenders as well. Particularly pass blocking. I think they can now implement a pass defender off system. I'll post some videos up to show what I mean later this week.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #94
MVP

OVR: 25

Pro-Tak is not a gimmick, but it was way over sold IMO. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere from a developer that Pro-Tak was finally their answer to the problem of players standing around and just watching a tackle or players bouncing off of tackles. That you could finally get more than 3 total players engaged in a tackle. While that is true, it seems to only be situational animations that kick in. It's not very dynamic, and it works on less than ~10% of the tackles. I still constantly bounce off of tackles when there are only 1 or 2 defenders engaged on the offensive player. Elsewhere within the game Pro-Tak has made a positive difference and is certainly a welcome addition to the game, but I was expecting way more for the tackling portion of Pro-Tak. Being its inaugural year I know they will continue to develop it. So I can at least hope for my dreams to come to fruition later on, but I was really hoping that THIS was the year for Madden's tackling to become much more realistic.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #95
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
While that is true, it seems to only be situational animations that kick in. It's not very dynamic, and it works on less than ~10% of the tackles.
It needs to be as dynamic as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »