Home

You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It!

This is a discussion on You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 01:53 AM   #25
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It!

I enjoy a relatively realistic game of video football sure....

I'm just not an obsessive-compulsive, freakish man who goes screaming and crying on the internet every time Madden does something in game that doesn't happen every day in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 01:54 AM   #26
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I believe MaddenMania recently shut down, and OS has become a sort of MM refugee camp this past month.

oh crap... that explains it
Old 07-28-2009, 02:06 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

Hey i sim...cuz when i play i got my pants hanging on my knees!!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:26 AM   #28
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
I believe MaddenMania recently shut down, and OS has become a sort of MM refugee camp this past month. I'm guessing there's a connection. I could never stand to visit that site for more than a few minutes. Every thread title and topic included some variation of the words "cheese", "sucks", and "Prove it!"
I didn't know this. So ole MM has bit the bullet. I knew it was coming sooner or later. As soon as Ian stopped posting there, I knew they were on borrowed time.

Anyway, this thread has definitely got to be in the top 10 most useless threads of 2009.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:30 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

to me playin sim isnt trying to exactly mirror your team, it's how you play...no rollout qb every play, 9man drop, fbdive and qbsneak over and over, not punting the ball, etc...thats cheeser I do try and emulate pats as much as I can, but thats just me...i stay in pocket...punt 4th&3 at opponent 38 to get field advantage, only take 1-2 TIMED shots deep w/Moss...just my style... MY question to you MAHAM is do you emulate Colts? Is Dfreeney ever dropped into coverage? Is zoneblitz or 9man drop employed? If you answer yes, your prolly not "SIM" with the Colts either
Old 07-28-2009, 03:06 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
who is this guy, Maham? Are you special or something? Since when is the sim community under attack?this is like the 3rd post I have seen today aimed at sim players or sim ballers. whats going on around here?
I ask a simple question, and all I get is reponses like this? Every fan of the NFL has a favorite team.

If you can't show what your favorite team does in real life off the top of your head, I'd have to assume your football IQ is pop warner at best. These people shouldnt be telling other people what is sim is and what its not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown88
I dont really see the point to this thread or how knowing your teams tendencies makes you a Sim player.
Of course not, otherwise you'd be able to tell me about your favorite team off the top of your head. Instead, you waste your time with responses like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Being sim doesn't mean following strictly what the team does in real life. Part of 'sim' is running the team your way, as long as it's NFL realistic. I can bring the West Coast offense back to San Francisco and still be sim. I can use the Colts as a power running team. What matters is following NFL reality, not team specific reality.
I agree that you dont have to follow strictly what your team does to make you sim, but that doesnt mean you abandon what your team is built for. For example, I stand by my earlier point that it is unrealistic to run a 34 with a 43 team.

Running a power running game with the Colts is not Sim either, like you suggest. They dont have a true FB, they have smaller zone blocking lineman, and only have 1 decent blocking TE. The Colts couldnt run a poer running game successfully in real life, just like a 43 team would be unsuccesful if they ran a 34.

Its only on Madden that that works.... So to me, thats fantasy/arcade style football, not sim. How you like that?

Quote:
I believe MaddenMania recently shut down, and OS has become a sort of MM refugee camp this past month. I'm guessing there's a connection. I could never stand to visit that site for more than a few minutes. Every thread title and topic included some variation of the words "cheese", "sucks", and "Prove it!"
I have never heard of that site, but I've visited this one for the past 5 years or so. Im glad that you decided to sterotype instead of answering a simple question.

Like I said earlier, if you cant tell me what your favorite NFL team does, then you have no room to talk about what is sim and what is not.

I don't know everything about every team, and it would be nice if people reponded with answers better than these.

Last edited by MAHAM; 07-28-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:12 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
I ask a simple question, and all I get is reponses like this? Every fan of the NFL has a favorite team.

If you can't show what your favorite team does in real life off the top of your head, I'd have to assume your football IQ is pop warner at best. These people shouldnt be telling other people what is sim is and what its not.

Of course not, otherwise you'd be able to tell me about your favorite team off the top of your head. Instead, you waste your time with responses like this.

I agree that you dont have to follow strictly what your team does to make you sim, but that doesnt mean you abandon what your team is built for. For example, I stand by my earlier point that it is unrealistic to run a 34 with a 43 team.

Running a power running game with the Colts is not Sim either, like you suggest. They dont have a true FB, they have smaller zone blocking lineman, and only have 1 decent blocking TE. The Colts couldnt run a poer running game successfully in real life, just like a 43 team would be unsuccesful if they ran a 34.

Its only on Madden that that works.... So to me, thats fantasy/arcade style football, not sim. How you like that?

I have never heard of that site, but I've visited this one for the past 5 years or so. Im glad that you decided to sterotype instead of answering a simple question.

Like I said earlier, if you cant tell me what your favorite NFL team does, then you have no room to talk about what is sim and what is not.

I don't know everything about every team, and it would be nice if people reponded with answers better than these.

well then how would you know if their "sim" or not ??

j/k dude, i just kinda find this thread very amusing, could just be the mood im in though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 03:25 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM

If you can't show what your favorite team does in real life off the top of your head
, I'd have to assume your football IQ is pop warner at best. These people shouldnt be telling other people what is sim is and what its not.

Running a power running game with the Colts is not Sim either, like you suggest. They dont have a true FB, they have smaller zone blocking lineman, and only have 1 decent blocking TE. The Colts couldnt run it in real life just like a 43 team would be unsuccesful if they ran a 34.

Its only on Madden that that works. So to me, thats fantasy/arcade style football, not sim.

Ok for one. Your right, you are assuming which is wrong. Making false presumptions based off a faulty rule you have come up with is sterotyping. who you accused someone of, and that's hypocritical.

"These people shouldnt be telling other people what is sim is and what its not."

Really?? this is exactly what you JUST did..... no more to say there.

I was just saying that I dont understand the point of this and why anyone has to "Prove" anything to you. And again you make a false presumption on my football knowledge of my own team.... That is just ridiculous. Maybe I didnt feel like wasting my time writing out answers to your little quiz because It would give me no satisfaction....

"Like I said earlier, if you cant tell me what your favorite NFL team does, then you have no room to talk about what is sim and what is not"

OK WTF is this.... are you god?? do you make the rules around here? im so confused.... And why would they have no room to talk about it just because their idea of Sim differs from you?

"I don't know everything about every team, and it would be nice if people reponded with answers better than these"

This is the only thing that makes sense to me about your post and is reasonable. If you were curious about peoples responses to your questions maybe you shouldnt have gone about it in the way of questioning people's knowledge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »