Home

Diving at Qb

This is a discussion on Diving at Qb within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 02:02 AM   #1
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Diving at Qb

Ok I have a quick question? Ok I know in the demo the pass rush is half bait and bearly can get the QB. But I know once I get close to the QB and hit the dive button and all of a sudden my DT falls to his knees and and swatting at the QB legs to try and trip him up. I have seen this quite a few times while playing the demo. What kind of crap is that?? I am kind of shock. Can anyone explain why this happening when you hit the dive button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Diving at Qb

You can't magically leap into the air from a distance away and sack the quarterback like in Maddens past. Especially with a DT. You have to time things a little better this year. You just pressed the dive button too early.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:54 AM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaints26
You can't magically leap into the air from a distance away and sack the quarterback like in Maddens past. Especially with a DT. You have to time things a little better this year. You just pressed the dive button too early.
For one I was not far away. I was close to the QB and I hit the dive button like You can any other madden game ever play in the past. Bam all of a sudden my DT drops to his knees and trys to trip the QB. Thats what I don't understand.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:57 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

I have not tried it in the game yet BUT...Isnt it illegal to dive at a QBs knees in the first place? I personally thought doing a dive tackle to get a sack was borderline cheese because it activated it way to early in comparison to just running into the QB. Honestly, how often do you see a Dlinemen dive to a QB to get a sack anymore?
Old 07-28-2009, 03:08 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

I just took LaMarr Woodley(sp) of the steelers and was 3 yards away when I pressed the dive tackle. I sacked Warner for a safety. The animation that played out was Woodley turned sideways and showed his back to Warner and Warner tried to jump or step over Woodley and instead he fell down for the safety. It still felt like I warped to him and there was nothing he could do about it except be sucked into the tackle.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 07-28-2009 at 03:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 03:27 AM   #6
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I just took LaMarr Woodley(sp) of the steelers and was 3 yards away when I pressed the dive tackle. I sacked Warner for a safety. The animation that played out was Woodley turned sideways and showed his back to Warner and Warner tried to jump or step over Woodley and instead he fell down for the safety. It still felt like I warped to him and there was nothing he could do about it except be sucked into the tackle.
I absolutely hate this knee hit trip animation, it has got to go, its pretty much a warp everytime and this was something I harped on at CD.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »