Home

Deep thoughts . . . . .

This is a discussion on Deep thoughts . . . . . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #9
Rookie

Lerxt's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Deep thoughts . . . . .

If you ever fall off of the Empire State Building, go limp, because then people might think you're a dummy and try to catch you, because hey, free dummy...
Old 07-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #10
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

First off, Jack Handy is great.

2nd off, there seems to be criticism (albeit limited) of the Show and how they haven't "used full power of ps3" to generate a more advanced gameplay, than their ps2 product.

Damned if you do damned if you don't.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxt
If you ever fall off of the Empire State Building, go limp, because then people might think you're a dummy and try to catch you, because hey, free dummy...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchingcoach36
First off, Jack Handy is great.

2nd off, there seems to be criticism (albeit limited) of the Show and how they haven't "used full power of ps3" to generate a more advanced gameplay, than their ps2 product.

Damned if you do damned if you don't.
“As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!”

on the serious side - I see your point , I would have been happy with them just juicing the PS2 version because the PS3 version just seems worse to me, this year is getting better but it still feels behind in terms of gameplay/physics IMO
Old 07-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
Here's what I don't get. Why bother wondering what could have been if they'd used the same engine. It's been 4 years already. They didn't use it. It's time to start focusing on what can be done with the current one, instead of what they could have done with the old one. Previous outings have definitely sucked, but as evidenced by the huge turnaround made in just one cycle, it's obvious the engine wasn't what was holding the game back. I don't mean to sound cliche here, but people need to stop focusing on the past.
It won't make any difference on the current gen consoles. It might make a difference when the next generation come out. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering if Madden is going to take a giant step backwards again when the next generation of consoles comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »