Home

We're Not Expecting A "Perfect" Game

This is a discussion on We're Not Expecting A "Perfect" Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 01:02 AM   #137
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: We're Not Expecting A "Perfect" Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlord64
We would let it go if Madden wasn't the inferior game. We are talking about whats more realistic. 2k8 so far is the most realistic.
We haven't played 10, yet to get a feel for the game.

Demo's and you tube videos don't count.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #138
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

IDK how many times this needs to be said, but seriously thank you for saying this again.

Not many are going to take your complaints seriously if they have not played the game either.

If you blindly defend Madden then yeah, you're a fanboy...but if you're blindly against it then you are also one. If you haven't liked Madden the past...what 5 years or so and the demo has convince YOU it's going to be the same...then simply rent it to be sure or borrow.

But if you're like some of us here who are pleased about the demo, what is so wrong with saying "I like what i've played and seen thus far." That isn't blindly defending it, i've played the demo and i'm liking the strides this team has made towards fixing this game.

Still though, we won't know how good this game is until a month or two later. Franchise mode could still be broken, and other possible gamebreakers could show thier head.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:16 AM   #139
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
the point that you are missing is that AI, graphics, refs, sidelines, sounds, scoreboards, tickers, weather, stats, crowds, field goal nets, hair, towels, textures, 60 frames per second, calculations on what happens in every instance on the field.... ALL use that power. so basically if you have a strength in one area you will need to compensate by having a weakness in another.

It is MATH. Only so much RAM and processor cycles to go around on these machines. Next gen, they can add more calculations to make some of the magic you want and next next gen even more , getting you guys closer and closer to that nirvana football experience you think we should already have. It's about making TRADE offs.

Wow. Dumbest, most uninformed post ever by a true Madden fanboy?

You be the judge. . .
Old 07-29-2009, 01:22 AM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

For the past 5 years the demos have been the same as the final build. You all said it was going to be better than the demo and those were all lies. Not falling for tricks. It will be pretty much exactly the same with just a few tweaks. But they still run like robots. 2k8 the players feel like they are apart of the field. Madden feels like they are copy and pasted on top of it. Youtube videos do count too. I can see all the major problems from there and how unrealistic it is. Difficulty doesn't effect the cheesy robotic movements and ice skating players. I don't find unrealism in simulation games very fun. They move like robots and turn instantly end of story. Nothing is going to change unless competition comes back.

I don't blame EA and don't hate EA. This new dev team did a GREAT job with the crap they were given from previous years. Nice presentation and the best feature ever online franchise! I wish other sports games would do that. But its not enough for me to buy. I will borrow it but im 100% positive they will still run like robots. Lets hope this dev team rebuilds this broken "engine(s)".
Old 07-29-2009, 01:31 AM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 7

i dont like that decision by EA dev. switching gameplay with the level of difficulty, i feel that dumb. whether it rookie or all-madden the game should play the same but only differences should be in A.I. being dumb to smart in play calling, get a better pocket in the lesser difficulty, and effectiveness of special moves(truck, jukes)

RC is in but its only on rookie and pro. WTF? so they didnt get rid they just pour makeup all over it on all pro and all madden. madden engine is just so INCONSISTENT its crazy and until madden live in Zion, there will always be the MATRIX
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 04:39 AM   #142
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoman
Wow. Dumbest, most uninformed post ever by a true Madden fanboy?

You be the judge. . .
hardly smart guy.... I actually only started playing Madden after 2k lost it and sold Madden after a week or two (cause I hated the arcade twitch play) each of the last 4 years.

I'm just not a blind troll as some of the posters are here lately
Old 07-29-2009, 06:15 AM   #143
Banned

OVR: 8

I personally think that Madden shouldn't be compared to the previous years Madden, because that's not saying much. I think it should be compared to the NFL hence the statement "EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON SUNDAY". That is what it should be compared to if the game is to recreate real simulation football. Not old copies of Madden.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:16 AM   #144
All Star

OVR: 33

Why is this thread not locked yet!?!!?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »