Home

Madden HD Question

This is a discussion on Madden HD Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Madden HD Question

I have a 1080i television, and an xbox 360, I had the Madden Demo hooked up via my hd xbox component cables. Well for whatever reason my hd connection gives me problems every now and then. Basically I can no longer get my xbox to hook up in hd to my television. My buddy who traded his xbox for a ps3 has the vga adapter and he let me have it, so I hooked it up the xbox to my crt monitor that has a max resolution of 2200 something really good. I set up in the dashboard the resolution of 1660 or whatever, so my question so should the game look better on this monitor or on my 1080 i tv? Does anyone the resolution of a 1080i tv? Is it 1080? Any help appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden HD Question

Try displaying in 720p. 1080 resolution on TV is only noticeable at 52" or bigger, so unless your TV is that big just use 720p. The Madden demo looks pretty bad at 1080 anyway.

Last edited by mmorg; 07-28-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgameonly
I have a 1080i television, and an xbox 360, I had the Madden Demo hooked up via my hd xbox component cables. Well for whatever reason my hd connection gives me problems every now and then. Basically I can no longer get my xbox to hook up in hd to my television. My buddy who traded his xbox for a ps3 has the vga adapter and he let me have it, so I hooked it up the xbox to my crt monitor that has a max resolution of 2200 something really good. I set up in the dashboard the resolution of 1660 or whatever, so my question so should the game look better on this monitor or on my 1080 i tv? Does anyone the resolution of a 1080i tv? Is it 1080? Any help appreciated
1080 refers to the scan lines, so in computer resolution terms, it's 1920x1080.

However, the "i" indicates interlaced -- it only redraws every other line when it refreshes.

And for playing video games, resolution is nowhere near as important as screen size IMHO. Madden on a 52" TV with surround sound is orders of magnitude better than madden on a computer monitor with a pair of tinny speakers.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

thanks for the info, i get the feeling that madden looks a lil better on my 52'tv, but ncaa looks better on my crt monitor, probably my imagination, and in terms of surround sound i have that on my pc, but not on my tv, oh well

also for whatever reason my xbox wont hook up hd to my tv even though standard works fine, lol and its an hd tv, oh well, crt for now i suppose, thx guys
Old 07-29-2009, 12:13 AM   #5
Rookie

cp22's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Try displaying in 720p. 1080 resolution on TV is only noticeable at 52" or bigger, so unless your TV is that big just use 720p. The Madden demo looks pretty bad at 1080 anyway.
Can you explain this more. My ps3 is set for 1080i, but I have a 40'' screen. I see some games like The Show say that the game runs better in 720p. Should I be using this for gaming?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #6
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

1080 TV resolutions are only optimized for TV screens that are >52". So yes you should be using 720p to get the best quality out of your TV, it is also less strenuous.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:23 AM   #7
Rookie

cp22's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
1080 TV resolutions are only optimized for TV screens that are >52". So yes you should be using 720p to get the best quality out of your TV, it is also less strenuous.
Okay thanks for the help!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »