Home

What makes Pro Tack a technology?

This is a discussion on What makes Pro Tack a technology? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: What makes Pro Tack a technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
It cant handle animations on the fly. It has to time shift players to get them into position. Anybody know anything about this, or are we just gonna blindly buy an accept it?
I vote for blindly buy and accept to avoid the same conversation that has happened in a whole bunch of threads that have since been locked.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ24
So you've never seen a 190lb elite athlete generate enough force to move a pile. Ok. With the knowledge in this thread you guys should pool your resources to create a game. I bet it would be hot.
The thought process here is continuity. If Steve Breaston can move 3-4 tackles, what can a guy like Brandon Jacobs do?

As far as mathmatics vz technology I suppose its open to personal interpretation. If Pro Tack is nothing more than the tackling system Madden already had, just multiplied, I see no reason to label it as a technology.

When they say technology, it gave me the impression they created something that was not in the game before. I was assuming that it was based in real life data, I don't think its all that far fetched considering the tools EA has.

Moe, in all honesty. How are you watching and assessing when Pro Tack comes into play? I have seen with as little as 3 players the odd shuffling that makes me assume Pro Tack has been engaged. Again, how many times must I tell you to ether inform yourself more about my post and videos or simply stop making false comments. I have and did say good things about M10, just because you didnt see / hear / or read them does not mean they didnt happen.

As far as this being a boring thread, look if you guys just wanna throw down money and trust everything you read on a box, thats on you. Pro Tack is a major selling point for Madden 10, pardon me for wanting some clarity on it after I have seen very odd things happen.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 07-29-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

All video games are mathematically driven. Pretty much all computer applications are. Nothing but a bunch of 1's and 0's at the lower levels.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
The thought process here is continuity. If Steve Breaston can move 3-4 tackles, what can a guy like Brandon Jacobs do?

As far as mathmatics vz technology I suppose its open to personal interpretation. If Pro Tack is nothing more than the tackling system Madden already had, just multiplied, I see no reason to label it as a technology.

When they say technology, it gave me the impression they created something that was not in the game before. I was assuming that it was based in real life data, I don't think its all that far fetched considering the tools EA has.

Moe, in all honesty. How are you watching and assessing when Pro Tack comes into play? I have seen with as little as 3 players the odd shuffling that makes me assume Pro Tack has been engaged. Again, how many times must I tell you to ether inform yourself more about my post and videos or simply stop making false comments. I have and did say good things about M10, just because you didnt see / hear / or read them does not mean they didnt happen.

As far as this being a boring thread, look if you guys just wanna throw down money and trust everything you read on a box, thats on you. Pro Tack is a major selling point for Madden 10, pardon me for wanting some clarity on it after I have seen very odd things happen.
So you would have no problem with EA if they just labeled it "improved player interaction" over using the term "Pro-Tak Technology"?
Old 07-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
So you would have no problem with EA if they just labeled it "improved player interaction" over using the term "Pro-Tak Technology"?
Players interact dynamically now (supposedly), so there's a lot of coding and logic involved to make this happen. So instead of just telling you they created a lot of functions, classes, loops, and algorithms (surely more than what I named) they called it Pro-Tak Technology. People can relate to something easier when it's named.

I think Moody is being a bit frivolous about how or why it's named.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkboy
Players interact dynamically now (supposedly), so there's a lot of coding and logic involved to make this happen. So instead of just telling you they created a lot of functions, classes, loops, and algorithms (surely more than what I named) they called it Pro-Tak Technology. People can relate to something easier when it's named.

I think Moody is being a bit frivolous about how or why it's named.
I think Moody's argument is that it's not dynamic.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #23
SXL
Rookie

OVR: 3

EA has a marketing department, there goal is to advertise and sell the game, so whenever a new feature is put in the game (or any sports game) the marketing dept. lables it and advertise it. Not every madden buyer reads blogs or comes to OS and when they see that back of the box lable its easier for them to accept it instead of saying 9 man gang tackles, or block steering.

In the end its all about reaching the other 95% of madden players out there instead of the 5% that read the blogs. Hence you get Pro tak, Or Reach tackle system (2k8).

NOT FEELIN ME/ FINE/ COST YOU NOTHIN/ PAY ME NO MIND.

JAY Z
Old 07-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:

And after 4 months of blogs and community interaction and inside information, many people are trusting that it's good (hence all of the pre-orders). It hasn't even launched yet so how could we be basing this on what we "read on a box"? Pro-Tak, among the billions of other improvements Ian and co. have made during this cycle is m10's major selling points for the majority of ppl on here who have been actively following madden's development this year.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »