Home
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 03:24 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Apex keep tellin the truth!!

I bet if EA fixes the "herky jerky" robotic movements it will STOP almost 99% of his complaints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 03:27 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
I bet if EA fixes the "herky jerky" robotic movements it will STOP almost 99% of his complaints.
If they fix that with minimal robotic **** I would love the game. But that won't happen until competition comes back.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:27 AM   #67
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Moody,

I enjoy your posts, while you and I disagree about the game, you're always very mature and realistic in your criticism.

I know where you are coming from, there is a lot of unwarranted criticism towards anyone who actually criticizes the game. But you have to admit, it goes both ways.
Thanks, nothing bothers me more than threads getting locked or conversations being closed because people cant remain civil. We can all agree to disagree.

People are passionate about gaming, and that's great. I'm glad people are passionate about sticking up for EA, after being around this long and making some great games they have earned that. Many people, myself included, have grown up with those games.

I feel like the gimmicks that I bought as a kid need to be put to rest. They make NFL games for kids now, that wasn't the case before. As kids we just wanted to pretend to be Joe Montana for 8 minutes before dinner and call it a day. Bomb it deep to Rice 8 straight plays and turn it off when it didn't work. Now we have grown, matured and have a better understanding and respect for the game. We want simulation and replication of NFL football. In many cases, our parents aren't buying the game for us the past 10 years. Its my money (its more money) and I demand a better product.

Speaking only for myself, I try to show examples that are beyond debate. Any football fan can watch them and see that NFL branded football is not being replicated. At the end of the day thats what people are paying for.

Its long over due for people to stop taking cheap shots, to debate why 2k5 or 2k8 is better. We have what we have, lets all look at and accept the issues and see what improvements can be made.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 07-30-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:28 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by curve03
i watched a few of his videos and seems to me he only really has a problem with the basics of football. Blocking, Tackling And Running. thats wuts actually taught at pop warner.
You ever notice that he talks about what blocking is supposed to be, but never mentions zone blocking?

Alot of the stuff he points out, rarely happens. I watched a vid where he showed a DE Tron jogging at a 90degree angle, but have NEVER seen that animation when I play.

My biggest problem with the 2K5 guys is they exaggerate flaws and claim they just want sim. Apex uses an old video game to make his points, instead of using real examples. Ive played the 2Kseries since dreamcast and they copied alot from madden. My opinion is Apex wants madden to be 2K5 more than he actually cares about having a sim style game.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:28 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
True Running Blocking and tackling thats all he mostly points out.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:29 AM   #70
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

He can speak all the truth he wants. I don't care what he does with his vids, and i expect no matter how good Madden is he'll complain about something. He knew the rule, he broke it. I don't know why that's hard to understand.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:34 AM   #71

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
I respect a lot of your posts kehlis, honestly.

And coming from a neutral position about this entire Apex thing -- honestly, its not a huge deal to me. I along with you, Moody, Apex, and 90% of the OS users that post are primarily here trying to assist in madden being the great sim we expect it to be.

But it seems to me like you have a ton of resentment towards Apex. Dont get me wrong, I have seen people take sides throughout what has been transpiring as of late, but you seem on another level of hostility (using hostility loosely) than the rest.

BTW, you dont lie in ur posts and fabricate anything, for example...he did break the rules, he did receive warning, he does highlight certain users in his vids on OS, and does tend to ramble--and yes, he got what he deserved...

But do you seriously not like anything about this dude?
Honestly,

I enjoyed his videos for a little. I watched them (and still do) and have always respected the points he has made.

What has come to bother me about this whole situation is the individuals who have come and started to defend him while not knowing what they are talking about.

The posts like "omg apex was banned, this site hates him". get under my skin. And it has gotten to the point of getting out of control.

The only problem I have with Apex at this point is that he intentionally broke the rules. That plus the fact that he made a "retribution video" against OS gets under my skin.

As I mentioned, I liked him, no reason not to, but IMO there was no reason to go and make a video about getting suspended from OS. That was childish.

From my other posts, you know I am honest and I don't choose sides. For the record, I appreciate your posts as well, but I think I have disagreed with you a time or too as well.

I don't take things personally here. If I disagree with a point made by anyone, I don't hate them. I just disagree with the point they are making.

It's the same with Apex. A few things he has done recently have gotten under my skin, hate him? resent him? No...But I do have a problem with a few of the things he has done recently.

And for the individuals that will have a problem with me saying that (I know there will be some) I am okay with that too.

But, lolfalconsbeatu I appreciate your honesty. It is a lost tactic here for some reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 03:35 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

*SIGH*

This again?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »