Home

Madden 10 Speed

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Speed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 10 Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdfan
I'm sure it wont fail and online is default "normal" and the demo is on "slow", you may find that "normal" is the speed you like and what I think the game was built on not the demo's "slow" speed
this guy said the speed is on slow and everyone just accepted that. the demo is the default speed (normal) just use common sense. this guy doesnt know what he's talking about because he wants the game faster. the game speed is the same as 2k5 on normal I compared it GOOD JOB EA!
Old 08-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #50
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by teewee
this guy said the speed is on slow and everyone just accepted that. the demo is the default speed (normal) just use common sense. this guy doesnt know what he's talking about because he wants the game faster. the game speed is the same as 2k5 on normal I compared it GOOD JOB EA!
You criticize someone saying they don't know what they are talking about and yet you don't know either. The default speed settings are different for online vs. offline. The default offline setting is SLOW - which is what the demo is. The online speed setting is defaulted to NORMAL - something we haven't seen yet.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden Head
You posted a video of AP. Well just watching that video i took two screen shots. @19seconds at nearly full speed AP is at the 40 and runs in a straight line and takes him until @25seconds to reach the endzone. Even with pads on, would the Vikings, or any teams for that matter, drafted All Day if his 40 time was between 5 and 6 seconds? I doubt it. This is perfect example of running 40 yards in the NFl at game speed vs. the combine. The NFL is fast, but the NFL is not Madden 09 fast. Madden isn't too slow, it used to be too fast. There is a difference. If you don't like it, you can always bump it up to fast which is supposed to be 09's gamespeed. If you want to play online though, get used to it.
You guys are tripping....
my friend posted something on this a couple weeks ago after looking at videos of madden w players in the open field and comparing them to real life players in the open field

first off in the clips you had the AD was running from his OWN 40 to the endzone that equals 60 yards and guess what??? ur clip was from 19 secs to 2 secs that 6 seconds to run 60 yards, so WTH is your point???

Ill tell you all something maybe madden 09 was too fast but the demo is COMPLETELY too SLLLOOOOOWWWWW, i think a normal setting somewhere between 5% less than last years gamespeed w b accurate

but watching videos on youtube and playing the demo that **** is just too slow its ridiculously slow, IMO the demo should be the "very slow" gamespeed it just dispicable, anyone who plays on that speed or likes that speed is just a pure BUM IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #52
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden Head
You posted a video of AP. Well just watching that video i took two screen shots. @19seconds at nearly full speed AP is at the 40 and runs in a straight line and takes him until @25seconds to reach the endzone. Even with pads on, would the Vikings, or any teams for that matter, drafted All Day if his 40 time was between 5 and 6 seconds? I doubt it. This is perfect example of running 40 yards in the NFl at game speed vs. the combine. The NFL is fast, but the NFL is not Madden 09 fast. Madden isn't too slow, it used to be too fast. There is a difference. If you don't like it, you can always bump it up to fast which is supposed to be 09's gamespeed. If you want to play online though, get used to it.
I'm not totally clear on what your trying to say here. It just seems to me that for some reason it really bothers you that I don't like slow speed. Well guess what you can play at your speed and I can play at mine, so I guess we are good there.

It's also ok for members to voice there opinion. You know that right? So don't get all tight about it, and tell me to get use to it. Sounds very immature.

I just love the challenge of having to read my blocks and running lanes in seconds, not seeing it at a slow pace. I dont see the challenge in that.

Certain members need a good amount of time to see these things in order to produce a running game. There is nothing wrong with that, as for me I don't.

As for online play being slower. There is nothing for me to get use to, if it is slower its only going to be easier for me. Now if you had to play at a faster speed then the only person that needs to get use to something is you.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #53
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGames
You guys are tripping....
my friend posted something on this a couple weeks ago after looking at videos of madden w players in the open field and comparing them to real life players in the open field

first off in the clips you had the AD was running from his OWN 40 to the endzone that equals 60 yards and guess what??? ur clip was from 19 secs to 2 secs that 6 seconds to run 60 yards, so WTH is your point???

Ill tell you all something maybe madden 09 was too fast but the demo is COMPLETELY too SLLLOOOOOWWWWW, i think a normal setting somewhere between 5% less than last years gamespeed w b accurate

but watching videos on youtube and playing the demo that **** is just too slow its ridiculously slow, IMO the demo should be the "very slow" gamespeed it just dispicable, anyone who plays on that speed or likes that speed is just a pure BUM IMO
Thank you MoneyGames. I thought I was the only one who didn't understand what point he was trying to prove. If anything it looked like he was proving my point.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Hatred
I beg to differ. So why do they draft WRs that run a 4.3 and not a 5.1?

I just checked nfl.com's 2008 draft info and out of the top ten WR's the slowest guy ran a 4.68 40 yard dash.

120 feet in under 5 seconds. Thats fast. And he was the slowest. Im sorry friend but you do not know what you are talking about.
Ok, thats true, but what you are forgetting is that this is for straight ahead speed, with no pads, on a perfect surface. Football speed is much different than 40 times.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #55
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Ok, thats true, but what you are forgetting is that this is for straight ahead speed, with no pads, on a perfect surface. Football speed is much different than 40 times.
It's not much different.

The pads used today don't weigh much at all. They are very light, even the shoulder pads, also you get use to the equipment that you don't even feel it anymore.

Wearing pads doesn't slow you down that much at all. I never played in the NFL, but semi pro and I spent some good money on the some equipment that is used in the NFL, and man what a difference it made. Everything felt light and very comfortable. I personally didn't feel like I was any slower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You criticize someone saying they don't know what they are talking about and yet you don't know either. The default speed settings are different for online vs. offline. The default offline setting is SLOW - which is what the demo is. The online speed setting is defaulted to NORMAL - something we haven't seen yet.
WHO TOLD YOU OFFLINE DEFAULT IS SLOW? WE WILL SEE WONT WE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »