Home

Finally a blocked kick!!!!

This is a discussion on Finally a blocked kick!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Finally a blocked kick!!!!

Well, even with such a lame animation I am pretty happy that blocks are possible.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 14

Terrible animation....just terrible. Looks like the flood gates just opened right up too, hope this is a 1-100 shot....
Old 08-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_warhawk
I looked up how many blocked Filed goals and punts happened. did not look up extra points because, well, I did not want to

last season there was 2202 punts 13 where blocked. 0.60% chance
there was 1000 filed goals not counting extra points with 22 blocked 2.2% chance
for a grand total of 3202 with 35 blocks
comes too about 1.1% chance to block these type of kicks.

*note math might be off as its late and i'm not whole. just throwing some stats out there because they are fun

filed goals?
Old 08-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #20
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by treee
Wtf. I appreciate that there is finally blocked kicks but that was some wack *** animations right there. It looks like the ball just goes right into his holding position.
Actually, when I watched the slow-mo replay the ball hit his left hand/arm first and kind of bounced into his right arm. Defintely hard to see it that way in a full speed video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadox
Well, even with such a lame animation I am pretty happy that blocks are possible.
It was lame for sure, but like others have said, I'm just glad that it does happen. In the past 3 or 4 Madden games, I' have not seen any blocks so I was willing to overlook the wacky animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
Terrible animation....just terrible. Looks like the flood gates just opened right up too, hope this is a 1-100 shot....
In all of the 5 minute demo games I've played, that's the only time where I've seen it.......nothing else remotely close! So, I don't think it will be an over the top kind of occurrence.....fingers crossed

PSN: hoos4974

Last edited by Hoos; 08-02-2009 at 03:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »