Home

Back In The Day: Before the Madden Challenge

This is a discussion on Back In The Day: Before the Madden Challenge within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Back In The Day: Before the Madden Challenge

Here is some Nostalgia...The MWS took alot of heat for spawning unrealistic gameplay but the reality is there were many of us who lobbied hard for realistic gameplay...Peep this:

The rules discussion is about "Running Hurry up after an incomplete pass"

A Little Comedy and Nostalgia...Before the nonsense of the Madden Challenge these events were about adults and comraderie...Very Fun days:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Back In The Day: Before the Madden Challenge

uhhh
Old 08-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 4

wut is this....i dont even.....
Old 08-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
wut is this....i dont even.....
Before the Madden Challenge the Madden World Syndicate (MWS) held the Madden National Championships..It started as a small group of people and developed into a huge tournament held once a year attracting hundreds of participants and onlookers...If you thought you were good in Madden..This was where you proved it...The winner was dubbed the National Champion.

Some of the current faces you have seen on todays Madden Challenge participated at Nationals and some of the participants are involved with EA now as employees or former employees...Back in the day it wasn't really about trash talk, money and pounding your chest because it was more grown men getting together to play the game we all loved just to see who had GAME...No real money to speak of other than a small winners fee...It was just a fun weekend that usually culminated with the crowning of the Madden National Champion.

I think EA saw this and took it to the next level but this is really how the huge tourney scene all started...As you see from the gameplay it was pretty realistic..Also this was on the Ps2 so you still see some of the same issues that plagues the game today...hmmm

Last edited by dat swag; 08-01-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

The Madden challenges of today need to be more like that. All you see nowadays is CHEESE. I haven't seen a an actual FB in the game since 07 unless he is a highly rated FB. And all they do is scramble until someone pops open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
The Madden challenges of today need to be more like that. All you see nowadays is CHEESE. I haven't seen a an actual FB in the game since 07 unless he is a highly rated FB. And all they do is scramble until someone pops open.
The funny thing is many people thought the gameplay you saw in the video was cheese...Looking back on it now it was very realistic...

I look back on these videos and it actually makes me miss the early tournament days before the fame, greed and celebrity...Guys truly played for the LOVE of the game just to earn the respect of their peers. Also much like this forum we interacted all year and had heated discussions with members but when you met at Nationals it was all LOVE...Slap a hand, have an adult beverage and share the one commonality that brought these grown azz men together...Madden.

Todays Madden Challenge is a joke and embarrassment when you really know the history of how the tourney scene and Madden celeberity was spawned. Shortly after this video is when all the younger players took over and simply exploited the game like no other.

Personally I think it would be more entertaining to see some of these old *** men like me on the Madden Bus as opposed to some of the snot nose cheeseballs raping the game...Madden Masters anyone...LOL
Old 08-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #7
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

That was the Golden Era.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

lmao @ all the dudes thinkin they make the field goal...One looked like he was about to cry lol. But yeah it was fun back then, now its more of a shoutin contest. Who can talk the most trash. I went to a madden challenge a couple of years ago. This dude was talking so much garbage in my ear because he was winning, and kept quite. Then I came back and won and all I said was "NEXT" and he felt like crap. His eyes got watery eyed lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »