Home

Madden NFL 10 Q&A: Day 2 (Player Progression Info)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Q&A: Day 2 (Player Progression Info) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 10 Q&A: Day 2 (Player Progression Info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
i mean, i figured as much...and like its been said, nearly every first rounder was "given" potential by donny this year. so after thinkin about it, i dont expect to see it for the generated draft classes.

I really hope donny did not make potential to high for the first rounders from this year, this was really regarded as a weak draft class....

It does worry me that they all went up 6, and these guys were probably rated to high to begin with, if they were comming in as rookies in the low 70's it would be a bit different. What i did like is that we see veterans regress and regress hard, hopefully this can keep a balance of talent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #42

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
I really hope donny did not make potential to high for the first rounders from this year, this was really regarded as a weak draft class....

It does worry me that they all went up 6, and these guys were probably rated to high to begin with, if they were comming in as rookies in the low 70's it would be a bit different. What i did like is that we see veterans regress and regress hard, hopefully this can keep a balance of talent.
If every single first round pick was on this list, I think we'd have a problem. I think this issue is at least manageable and something we can "just deal with."
Old 08-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Has there been a post with the potential ratings of rookies released yet? I think that would help distinguish between the two.

For instance, I have no problem with a rookie going up 5 or 6 points, if the next year he moves down 1, or stays the same, I only have a problem if it's a 6 point jump every year.

And like he pointed out, one of the mid rounders he drafted was a 47 overall, so it will take players like that a long time to progress. When you factor in veterans regressing, and players maxing out at their potential, I still don't think you'll see very many players rated above a 90 overall.

I also think it would help knowing if the progress is altered each year, maybe some years guys move up 6, and some they move up 3, this is just one sample serving that helps a bit, but it's not the be all end all of the discussion.

I'm more excited that you actually have to take the time to develop most of your rookies for a few years, even if this batch of rookies get faster then the other classes I think it will balance itself out with how many players above 30 regress. If anything it's leaps and bounds better then last year and gives me something to look forward to.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #44
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

Progression looks a lot better this year. Its got me more excited about the game.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #45
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

OVR: 6

good stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 23

Im more worried about what NCAA imported classes will look like. With the NCAA progression being the biggest fail in history, what will all those 99s from NCAA look like as rookies in Madden??? I would hate for it to be like last year, where Beanie Wells and Tim Tebow were 90+ overall rookies in Maddens franchise mode.

Someone who has Madden needs to post this for us. No matter how good Madden looks, no real rookies is a gamekiller for me.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

In previous maddens in franchise mode rookies stp developing after thier 3rd year has that changed if so how
Old 08-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Im more worried about what NCAA imported classes will look like. With the NCAA progression being the biggest fail in history, what will all those 99s from NCAA look like as rookies in Madden??? I would hate for it to be like last year, where Beanie Wells and Tim Tebow were 90+ overall rookies in Maddens franchise mode.

Someone who has Madden needs to post this for us. No matter how good Madden looks, no real rookies is a gamekiller for me.

This has already been fixed, and confirmed.

http://www.gamecinemahd.com/article/...lation-results

It should probably be stickied too, it was a concern for me but it's definately not going to be a problem for this year...You'll see picks in the top 15 ranked as low as 62, there are still a few 80's but alot more 60's and 70's and even some 50's(bust).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »