Home

Madden NFL 10 Q&A: Day 2 (Player Progression Info)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Q&A: Day 2 (Player Progression Info) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #49

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 10 Q&A: Day 2 (Player Progression Info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyK
This has already been fixed, and confirmed.

http://www.gamecinemahd.com/article/...lation-results

It should probably be stickied too, it was a concern for me but it's definately not going to be a problem for this year.
I dont think this answers the guy's concerns. His concern is not the year 1 draft, it is the drafts after that in which NCAA's over-progression from year to year becomes a factor.

I think by year 3 or 4 of your franchise if you are still using imports, it will matter.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 23

Yeah I will use classes for the first 4 or 5 seasons. That does look pretty good. I hope it can handle the bad progression it years 3 and 4 like dude above me said. Thats what I meant. But Madden does look like it took a 99 overall Tebow and made him a 77. I hope it does those kind of things for all players, every year.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I dont think this answers the guy's concerns. His concern is not the year 1 draft, it is the drafts after that in which NCAA's over-progression from year to year becomes a factor.

I think by year 3 or 4 of your franchise if you are still using imports, it will matter.

He said he was worried about imported classes from NCAA and guys like Tebow coming in rated a 90, that is what that thread discusses. That's what I got from his statement, but it at least answers some of the questions because I had a huge problem with imported NCAA players being way too good way too soon last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 09:29 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyK
He said he was worried about imported classes from NCAA and guys like Tebow coming in rated a 90, that is what that thread discusses. That's what I got from his statement, but it at least answers some of the questions because I had a huge problem with imported NCAA players being way too good way too soon last year.
How do the imported rookies in the 2012 or 2013 drafts look like after being draft. With the impact of NCAA dynasty progression being broken.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:49 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't understand this progression at all. I started my Franchise with the Dolphins and started Pat White. I traded Chad Pennington. I threw for 3,000 yards and 25 pass TDs, Rushed for 1400 yards and rush 32 TDs all with Pat White. He went from a 65 to a 70 but didn't increase in speed or very much in throw accuracy. The rest of my team, which was already low if you ask me went way down. Everybody lost ratings. Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, All of my defensive players, even though I allowed less points and yards than any team in the season. Doesn't make sense the Dolphins are so low because the Dolphins won the AFC EAST. The Patriots are way better and they didn't even make the playoffs. The other thing that sucks is every team has the Wildcat. Last year the Dolphins were pretty much the only team that ran it. A few other teams had a couple of plays but it seems to me that the dolphins got dissed hard on this year's madden.

It also sucks that Vick was technically a free agent when i started my franchise but i could never sign him and now since I started the franchise early, I can't get him at all without restarting or creating him myself. Plaxico was available from the beginning and everybody knew he probably wouldn't play. Overall I'm not that happy with Madden this year. Anybody else have these issues?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:52 AM   #54
Rookie

Also sucks that I paid points for this progression update and it only happens at the end of the year and it really doesn't say how much a player went up or down. I mean I know, but you really have to analyze and compare. Since it is an update you pay points for it should be way better. Also, I played a few play now games and vick is way better than Pat White on this game. Pat White has no throw power and Vick is faster and still has a cannon.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:52 AM   #55
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

couple things

a LOT of teams ran the wildcat...do some research

players don't 'get faster' in real life, why would you expect a rating bump in speed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 06:52 AM   #56
Rookie

I did research, only a few teams ran a few wildcat plays. I understand that speed in madden may not increase, but it does in real life, hence people improving their 40 times. Jerry Rice got faster after a few years, then slower again after a few more years. It needs to be realistic. I set the single season Rushing TD record. I think that and 1400 rushing yards merit some sort of improvement in running ability, which did not happen. Only his awareness and throw power improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »