Home

Shortened replays like in demo in final product?

This is a discussion on Shortened replays like in demo in final product? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 AM   #25
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Shortened replays like in demo in final product?

Im sorry this is BS............I use this a lot because the game still sucks at showing replays during presentation.

and it does reek of them not wanting to deal with people breaking down their Xs and Os

Im slowly starting to get ticked off here.....this is the same type of drip drip crap that happened last year that culminated in No CPU Sliders.........

Needless to say I want this patched Immediately

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 08-04-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 07:16 AM   #26
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't know why "Ian and Co." don't have it in options where you can choose "crappy framerate and full replays" or "good framerate and short replays".

I'd personally take 15 fps full replays over not being able to review my plays.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #27
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomza
I just went away for a bit after starting a thread when I thought it was late at night when few were awake, and now look what I started. Yikes!

I agree with TJdaSportsGuy, and was just about to say the same thing before I read his post, that we all need to calm down. I'm as upset about this as anyone I think. But let's wait till people in the know come back with the answer one way or another.

And the "they chose not to compress the replays" answer makes no logical sense to me at all. So now you only see morphs and glitches that occur during the latter half of the play? So what? You think that's going to stop the YouTube people? Of course not. Morphs and glitches only occur in the first half of a replay? Of course not.

I notice in NCAA 10 there is a slight delay after a play finishes (you have to see the cut away to the cheerleaders first) before instant replay is accessible from the menu, whereas in the Madden demo this is not the case and you can access instant replay almost immediately. Maybe this is to wait for the replay to be written to the hard drive, I don't know. But I would much rather wait a bit and see the whole replay than see only the last part of it.

And how can Backtrack even be in the game if it doesn't "backtrack" all the way to the beginning of the play? Obviously, it can't.

Taylor - Planet Of The Apes
"There's gotta be an answer!"
THAT Sir is a great question.How is Backtrack in the game with shorted replays? Backtracks shows the whole development and outcome of the play. Wouldn't make sense folks...no sense in gettin' worked up until theres an true confirmation AND explanation.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:24 AM   #28
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathlete_201
I don't know why "Ian and Co." don't have it in options where you can choose "crappy framerate and full replays" or "good framerate and short replays".

I agree
Old 08-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #29
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathlete_201

I agree. If I break an 80 yard run, I sure as hell don't want to see the last half of the play, where my RB is running the last 50 yards of the play with no one around him. I want to see the first half, where he broke a few tackles, or made a nice cut.

I don't care if a few frames are skipped, I want to see the entire play.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:41 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Needless to say I want this patched Immediately
Well, since you said so, I'm sure it'll be done. Especially with the angry protesting smiley you chose.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 10

People im sorry, but madden is not representing the NFL well at all. They taking things out, half-stepping with others..when will it stop. As I get older, this exclusive rights deal is pissing me off more and more. I want choice, because madden isn't cutting it. I really want to stop playing 2K5 and give madden a try, but things like this and others..really bring back the bitterness of the NFL deal. At least they putting a broadcast camera in this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 08:01 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 8

It's a little disappointing. I too would gladly sacrifice fps for a longer replay, without question.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »